Polster says "pre-revolutionary" Americans

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by chubcobear, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

What we're seeing here are accounts of specific incidents that involved who might be referred to as "special interest groups" who probably broke some statutes regarding civil disobedience and the military or police responded. What I'm referring to would be totally different. Upwards of 90% of the general population who are fed up with a government who flaunts the rules of their conduct, the Constitution, disregards the will of the people, their employer, is totally unaccountable for trillions of dollars of taxpayers money and indentures future generations in almost unimaginable debt. Also, what is being asked is that new representatives be chosen who will simply follow existing Constitutional laws on which this country was founded by the method described in the Constitution, the highest law of the land. Hell, the military and the police should stand shoulder to shoulder with the protesters until the so-called government capitulates. It could happen.
  2. mncarpenter

mncarpenter New Member

Interesting thread. We can't muster enough people to give a rat's butt about the general well being of the country, or even have a clue as to what is going on in this administration, let alone get out a decent majority to vote the bums out in a decisive manner. It always comes down to a "hanging chad" or some idiotic recount.
    Where in the hell are all the "revolutionaries" going to come from?
  3. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

To be honest, where would we start.............it looks like voting someone else in just isn't working.
  4. whirley

whirley Member

You should read your history. The rebellion wasn't about whiskey, but about the refusal of Gov't to provide easily accessible courts in western Pa. so people could settle land claims. At that time land ownership disputes could only be settled in Philadelphia between April and September. That's a 30 day walk from Pittsburgh, then wait until they schedule a hearing, then 30 days back home. That's a whole growing season while your family starves. Western land grants were made by Pa. and Va. causing overlapping titles.Most of Morgans Rifles came from western Pa, and they had fought Indians for 30 years, but when scouts reported that Washington had joined the New Jersey Militia at Cumberland, everyone went home, "Because we aren't going to fight against our General. The Whiskey title was put out by Alexander Hamilton, a scurrilous person, justifiably shot by AAron Burr some years later. Jefferson also was a less than honorable person. It's all in the Pa. colonial records and the Pa. archives. So gov't has been shafting citizens since the very beginning.
  5. whirley

whirley Member

I read that there's a "Day of Rage" scheduled for September 17 2011 in all the State capitols in the Nation. I read that on the internet. I wonder if it will happen, and if so will it be used as an excuse for Martial Law nationwide?????
  6. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Well...
    If people start pillaging/razing their capitals, I would hope so.

If it's thousands of armed but peacefull protestors in every state, I hope that would get some attention. Excuse for matrial law? Nope.

Sorry to disagree with some here, but the military and LEO are FAR outgunned in the civilian sector. How many cops do you have in your neighborhood? If 1 died in every 100 attempted door beat downs, how long would they last? They don't have the manpower to survive those numbers. After 15-20 officers are killed, who else would volunteer?

I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but if the military has a reason to walk down my street, EVERYTHING will be loaded and ready. Army cammo don't make you a friend.
  7. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

HA1,

No reason - except for civility - they weren't ! Most had brought home a variety of "war trophies" that included machine guns. No law against it at the time.

The real reason the vets weren't armed was they thought it was their right and priviledge as written in the constitution they defended with their lives to petition Congress in an orderly manner for the "bonus" - earned in combat - to be paid in advance of its due date to help them when it was most needed ! Congress - when their press coverage started to turn more sympathetic, I suspect - soon disabused them of that fantasy !

I've wondered if Gen. DDE's venture among the "pre-invasion airborn troops" on the eve of their departure wasn't to atone , (in his mind) for his part in the affair. >MW
  8. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

precisely what i was saying. they should have been armed on general principle. a crowd of peasants gathered at the castle gate will most likely attract little more than amusement from the nobility, annoyance at most. an armed crowd of peasants on the other hand, will draw the undivided attention of their rulers.
  9. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    If the world goes bad friends ill be one of the military who stand with you even if it calls for me to fight till death. I support and defend the Constitution of these United States not the government if they go against it.
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    When that day comes, if it ever does, there will be mass defections of both the police forces, and our military, but, there will be those that will take, and obey un-constitutional orders form a corupt government. And they have a lot of fire power! I hope I never see that day, nor my children, but there are enough comunist in this country that it would be possible to field an army of people to stand against the rest of the population. IMHO!
  11. cutter

cutter New Member

What Carver said!!!! I truly hope I or my kids never see that day!!!
  12. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oathkeepers has formed out of concern that our law enforcement and our military would follow illegal orders against the american people. While they dont always get it right, they stand firm in defending the constitution and refusing any such orders that may come down from washington. They are a growing organization that will be at the forefront if this issue ever arises. This is why I am a member and will continue to support them even though they are not perfect.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011