Polymer Judge?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by ARB, Mar 23, 2010.

1. ARB

ARB New Member

Man, I was just on the Taurus website looking at their new catalog. Whew! There are certainly some interesting things going on at Taurus. One example is the Polymer Judge. Also, another poly revolver with a wood grip. (The best of both worlds?) Check it out.
  2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

3. wpage

wpage Active Member

Nice site...
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

A polymer Judge? I think they should call it "The Little Bit$*" :D So Aluminum is too heavy now:rolleyes:
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I wonder when theyll attempt a sleeved polymer barrel. all this dishwasher safe mumbo jumbo just aint right...;)
  6. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

I like the new TCP.
    But they are not gonna be legal here in Cali

FML . . . . no, wait . . . . . . FMState
  7. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

No kidding! ever tried turning plastic in a lathe? PITA:D
    Hey honey, don't start the dishwasher yet! I gotta throw in my judge, its getting a little dirty.;)
  8. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

i think the polymer judge looks cool and all and it would be less likely to snag on something if you have it in your pocket or whatever. but i would rather have the new 7 shooter that looks like the original. no substitute for another 2 rounds.
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Except maybe a 1911 (real mans gun) with an 8 rd mag (another extra round;)) and yet another fully loaded 8 rd mag ready at the push of a button and the flick of the wrist.... Suck it taurus judge:D
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Honey, wheres my judge??? In the dishwasher next to the silverware where you left it dear... :D ha ha
  11. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    there is an article in shooting times this month re polymer frames,to me ,they make scence. old semperfi
  12. Skyhook

Skyhook New Member

I half expect the media to go hysterical about "undetectable guns"! :eek:
  13. WILD CAT

WILD CAT New Member

I've been a shooter for over 40 years. I saw the birth of polymer handguns and I believe that the main reason for their introduction is that they are much easier to manufacture and their low price compared to veterans like the 1911, the Browning H.P. or the venerable Smith and Wesson revolvers.

Even aluminum framed handguns don't convince me with the exception of the Sig Sauer. Cheaper is not better.

From a friend who was leaving the country, I bought an assorted lot of equipment, practically all he had. Included was a Glock in 45 ACP with a magazine capacity of 10 rounds (don't remember the Model now). It functioned flawlessly even with a few lead bullet reloads. But balance was quite weird. The feel of the polymer handgun can never equal that of a steel framed and the loss of wheight when less rounds remain in the magazine is noticeable and in my case, affects prercision. I sold the gun and never missed it. I have no other experience with polymer framed handguns.