Polytech AK

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by johnny ringo, Nov 30, 2012.

1. johnny ringo

johnny ringo Member

I fell into a deal on this. Condition is overall excellent. It's a Keng pre-ban import. Any idea on current value? Thanks, JR

[​IMG]
  2. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

I'm far from being an expert on AK's.

I only know that the local gun shop had one exactly like it and had a $1400 price on it a few months ago. A friend of mine asked me to go look at it with him, he bought a AR rather than the AK that day. The AK is gone now so someone bought it at or near that price.

When we were looking at it a guy started talking to us and said it was worth more than the asking price. I have no idea if he was correct or not.
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Worth it or not (I dont think so) I wouldnt pay that for it. Give me an AR any day. Heck, for that price, give me TWO ARs!
  4. johnny ringo

johnny ringo Member

Thanks Gunhugger for the on topic response. I've been offered more than $1400, just trying to determine what the actual value (if there is such a thing) might be. JR
  5. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

I always liked that model as it is rather historic. I think it was Jane Finstien, or maybe Sarah Brady who hoisted up one of those with a 75 rd drum attached as an example of all the bad guns which would be "on the streets" if we let the ban on hi-cap mags and assault weapons expire. Well, if Jane and Sarah say that we should not have one then to some of us collectors/shooters it is a must-have.

BTW: If you have the factory box with the mags, etc, I think you might get a wee-bit-more.
  6. johnny ringo

johnny ringo Member

I don't have the box, but it came with two original mags and a drum mag. It's what's called a double underfolder. Stock and bayonet both fold.
    Do you mean Diane Feinstein, the CA senator? She's about to (maybe has) another assault weapon ban bill.
  7. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

Note the trigger fingering. People ducked as she swept them with the muzzle.

I say it wasn't the fact that she's stupid...she did it to scare the sheeple.
    [​IMG]

To that I say BACON AK47.
    [​IMG]
  8. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

You were offered more than 1400 I would jump on that quick....I had the same weapon and sold it for 1000 two years ago.