Pondering a 40, need advice

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by oldbrass, Feb 11, 2012.

1. anthonymsga

anthonymsga New Member

its the preferred weapon of the police. They are all staying with the .40
  2. jce07a

jce07a New Member

^^^this is true...every PD i have talked to in texas is carrying .40
    i talked to a couple in california and some carry 9mm and some carry .45 but from what i understand about most southern california PD is that they are NOT carrying .40
    i could be wrong, this is just what a buddy of mine (ex-SWAT san diego) was tellin me.
  3. robrossk

robrossk New Member

I have the S&W M&P 40. The ergonomics are great and it fits perfect. Try one with the small size backstraps. You'll like it.
  4. Frogtop

Frogtop New Member

I gotta go with Archie and Quisp re the H & K USPc 40. I have owned one for 10 or more years and it is one of my favorite pistols to shoot. It has ambi controls and good sights. Mine has the bobbed hammer with the hammer dropping safety. I bought it when the 10 rnd mag limit was on but have acquired larger capacity mags since then and then became convinced that 2 mags of 10 rds should handle most issues. I also got a Glock 23 and didn't care for it at all so let it find a new home. I also have a XD in 45 and would select that model for a 40 if I ever have to get another.
  5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

For an ambidextrous mag release, HK or Walther makes a good firearm.

Call it muzzle flip or sharp recoil, that is why I gave up on .40 calibers. 9mm or .45 for me.
  6. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

I wonder if there ever was a decision?