Pork or Beef?

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by mrkirker, Jul 31, 2008.

?

Which meat do you prefer for BBQ

1. Pork is the best BBQ

46 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Beef is the best BBQ

23 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Because there is some confusion regarding "BBQ".

Many consider a BBQ to be an open flame Weber and will (of course) vote on a big fat steak, while those who have a little more understanding (at least in my neck of the wood) realize that a BBQ is an offset smoke... Low and slow, where the heat of the smoke slowly cooks the meat. In this world pork rules, shoulder clods (butts) (actually half "butt" half picnic) are favored for pulled pork sandwiches, etc....

If the poll had been to vote for "Grilling" favorites the result would have been a toss up between beef favorites, rib-eye, t-bone, etc... Nothing comes close to a big fat steak on the grill.

BUT... in the Q world, here in Texas, pork rules... Beef briskets ARE awesome, but are really good mixed with, you guessed it, PORK! :D:D:D

Just the .002 of a novice BBQ lover.

Crpdeth
  2. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

I choose both cause I am a glutton! ROFLMAO!
  3. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Beef, Elk, or buffalo.
    Chicken, shellfish, fish.
    Pork best whole cooked in a pit.