Possible AR problem

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by TheGunClinger, Oct 26, 2012.

1. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Active Member Supporting Member

Here is my AR-15 chambered in 7.62X39. I built the lower using a Spikes reciever. I was playing with it today and noticed that the buffer looked beat to heck. Is this normal?:confused: The scratches in the center of the bolt are from ham fist. Its the outside of the buffer that concerns me. Any help appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

First of all...The Patriots don't rule anything.

Second...that looks normal, just the bolt carrier hitting the buffer as it should.
  3. c0nspire

c0nspire New Member

Wow is that scope mounted high! I have to ask, are you shooting through that scope mounted the way it is in the photo?
  4. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

It is very high...are you a "chin Shooter" IE chin on top of the butt stock? I have seen david tubb do this with a bolt gun but never that high on an AR platform.
  5. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

You think thats worn you should see the full auto ar's we have on the range. ;)
  6. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Active Member Supporting Member

Thanks guys for the reasurances on the buffer. I didnt know if it was bad or not. Yes, the scope is too high. I tried it that way and it seems to work ok and I have been too lazy to mount it to the flat top rail. I'll change it before the next range session.