POSSIBLE WALTHER 32

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by doug54, Dec 25, 2010.

1. doug54

doug54 New Member

MY FATHER PICKED THIS 32 AUTO UP IN GERMANY DURING WW2 IT HAS NO MARKINGS ON IT EXCEPT WALTHER GRIPS NOT SURE IF IT IS A PPK OR WHAT ALL I HAVE IS SER# 145535 P ANY HELP WOULD BE GRATEFUL
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The "P" indicates it is a PP, and my sources indicate it was made in 1938. While late war Walther PP's had greatly reduced markings, one made in 1938 should have the full slide markings. Can you post some pictures?

Jim
  3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

All Walther firearms have the Walther name and Banner clearly etched on the slide. Unless it is perhaps an unmarked slide removed from the abandoned Walther factory and assembled from parts. In that case it would be unblued. Have to have pictures to identify and to give you any valid information.It sounds rather interesting. Or worst case, it could be another gun altogether with jury rigged Walther grips installed. Note the Russian's , immediately after the German surrender put together a number of Walther's using parts salvaged from the ruins Some of these found their way into GI's pack packs. The serial number seems to be a valid Walther number ( PP ) from a prewar gun? so, no guesses with out pictures.
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2010