1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Post Office standoff

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by armedandsafe, Dec 23, 2009.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

"common plastic explosive" ??? Just which "plastic explosive" is "common" to find in the US?

Pops
  2. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

The local news has reported the man has 5 lbs. of C-4 attached to his wheelchair and may have grenades. A sherrifs deputy reported there were grenades found in the man;s truck, A witness reports the man came to the P.O. in a red pick-up with Marine Corps stickers in the windows. I'm about 15 miles from that A.O.:eek::confused::(:eek:
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

If C-4 is a "common" explosive, just where would I commonly go to obtain some? I've got some gopher holes I need to excavate.

Pops
  4. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

And just imagine explosives,guns, grenades aren't allowed in a P.O. Another gun free zone abridged. If one of the hostages was armed the situation would have probably ended by now.:confused::eek::confused:
  5. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

"Virginia State Police sent in a special weapons and tactics team and a bomb technician. Police at the scene told the Wytheville Enterprise the man had five pounds of a common plastic explosive strapped to his chest. State police spokeswoman Corinne Geller would not confirm that."
  6. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

Just read that the situation is over with no apparent injuries to the hostages,police or the perp. From what I read the situation was fraught with mis -information,speculation and outright B.S. I know you can't take anything for granted in a situation like this but that the media will milk every stinking ounce of bottom feeding ooze they can to stir up a feeding frenzy. Thank GOD no-one was hurt.:eek::confused::D
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

8. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I keep saying....this is a bizare world we live in!

gn
  9. topper

topper New Member

Ya mean to tell me that someone could not sneak up behind a handicapped person and knock them in the head and end this silly shutt? What a bunch of wusses. All it takes is for one person with a heavy object or something similiar to do the job. Is everyone so scared nowadays that the police have to storm the building to do the same thing? Un freaking believable.
  10. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

How in the he\\ would you get those things? I mean those are things you don't just buy at the store. They would be tougher to get than illegal drugs - even on the black market. If you got caught with those items in your possession you would go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.
  11. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Exactly. Or if people in the post office were armed too. Around here in many of our schools, there are liason police officers. I do believe they all are able to carry guns on the school grounds. I heard someone telling me about how we should have those everywhere, but hey let's get real. Many places do not have the manpower to do that. Plus with all the deficits facing my state, we can't afford it either. Aren't police pretty much funded by tax money from the state? That's why I think conceal/open carry is a win/win. The state gets to charge people a fee to get the permit, plus they pay the taxes when they buy the guns. Plus arming citizens costs no money. I don't get why governor Doyle hasn't woken up to these facts yet.
  12. obxned

obxned New Member

That must be some darn fine pizza they have there!
  13. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Gotta love the press. Was it the press' choice of word there, or the police dept's? Interesting.

I'm surprised he didn't have a [GASP] gun, or something. Now THAT would have been OVER THE TOP evil. Holy crap!

Also, the police were carrying "automatic" weapons. Hmmmmm, you mean, they weren't "assault rifles?" What a bunch of jackholes (press). :mad:
  14. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Here's more on this story...
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/1144374.html

Notice how they, once again, slyly imply that anyone who owns guns and dislikes the current closet-commie gov't is a threat because they are "angry" at the gov't?:rolleyes: And by implication, they throw doubt on the millions of people who have been protesting the gov't at the Tea Parties because they are also "angry" at the gov't:rolleyes:

I'm just glad this guy didn't actually kill anyone because then we'd have even more liberals and even more talking heads from the "fair and impartial" media screaming about how we need more gun control to stop the "evil" guns from killing people:rolleyes:
  15. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

yes, the agenda they've been hawking for years, in understated ways, is becoming overstated AS it's being implemented.

It IS exciting to be right on the sidelines of watching the death of a nation - the greatest nation on earth. But, oh, what great consequences it will bring all of us. I tremble for my kids. God help us, please.

Change? You got it Amerika. Here it comes. Try to remember all your fallacious denials as they load you into the boxcars bound for the FEMA concentration / execution camps, that "don't" exist.

Idiot sheeple.