Postal Match

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

anchored
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/6/02 1:48:07 pm)
    Reply Postal Match
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Has anyone here tried a .22 postal match? I've seen a few references to them, but haven't jumped into one yet. Sounds like a good idea for people who aren't around a gun club much. Any interest here in geting one going?

As a dreamer of dreams and a travelling man, I have chalked up many a mile; read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, and I've learned much from both of their styles.
    -J. Buffett
    {Auction45}{Famous Flying Yen}

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/6/02 2:49:46 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Postal Match
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am interested in competing in one.

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/7/02 6:58:24 am)
    Reply Re: Postal Match
    HUH??

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/7/02 9:59:23 am)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Postal Match
    ib
    A postal match is where everyone takes a target and fires there best shots at it and emails it regular mails it in to be scored. Winner wins bragging right.

The range and type of target are specified as are the caliber and type of weapon. It works on the honor system.

I am in one right now on Flhunters board.

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/7/02 10:43:04 am)
    Reply | Edit I'm game...
    I'll use my .22 caliber off-breeds, don't know how they will compare to some of Y'alls but sounds fun!

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/7/02 11:29:38 am)
    ezSupporter
    Re: I'm game...
    Well damn, now I have to start over. Anybody receiving an envelope full of bullet holes can disregard.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/7/02 2:28:32 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Just don't shoot at the mailman

We could go with a handgun and rifle scoped/unscoped class

I can try to borrow the rules from the other site and modify them for our purposes.

I would be willing to organize this. Do we have anyone interested?

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/7/02 4:18:46 pm)
    Reply Re: I'm game...
    OKAY, let me sharpen up my #2 pencil an I will shoot 22's. Honest! Do chads count? How bout hanging chads. I"m gonna challenge LTS cause I no he shoots a #2 too. Do 2 too's make a tutu? Charlie R U listening?

anchored
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/9/02 9:38:02 am)
    Reply Re: I'm game...
    I was thinking .22's, cuz they're cheap. I saw one mentioned on the Parallax site, but they haven't gotten it together yet - was to use 20 tiny leetle silhouette targets. Probably should be different class for scoped and iron sites.

Warpig, since you seem to know what your'e doing, If you'll organize it, that'd be great.

As a dreamer of dreams and a travelling man, I have chalked up many a mile; read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, and I've learned much from both of their styles.
    -J. Buffett
    {Auction45}{Famous Flying Yen}

Edited by: anchored at: 9/9/02 10:38:55 am

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/9/02 1:33:26 pm)
    ezSupporter
    I am working on it.

So far I plan on having the following classess in 22 short or lr only.
    22 handgun with optics
    22 handgun without optics

22 rifle with optics
    22 rifle without optics

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/9/02 6:30:09 pm)
    Reply | Edit I'm in...
    Warpig, I'm in...gonna have to go without optics though...still optics illiterate!...picked up a simmons magnum scope at GB...but still need to buy a rifle for it...gotta love the .22 cal.!!! Got some guns coming in will post pics when they arrive, a couple are old Mossberg U.S. military trainers. Don't tell LTS, but a while back I even was bid on his Romanian trainers. Damn the attention span, for not paying attention to when the auctions were ending...

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/9/02 6:52:30 pm)
    Reply Re: I'm in...
    .....my Mossy`s better dan yers, at least it will be soon. A gun fairy is going to sprinkle powder on it.

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/9/02 7:34:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit LTS...
    The latest one won at auction was a Mossberg 152, what do you know about it? Developing a real passion for em'! Don't ever spare me, I gots some awful thick skin...BTW, I got rid of the Crossfire for $950.. and was glad to be rid of it...everything ya said about it, was "Dead On"!

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/9/02 8:25:40 pm)
    Reply Re: LTS...
    Maybe it`s better to tell you what "I" look for in older Mossy`s. Just me, ok?

I prefer long barrels, heavy if possible...as in model came with one.

Action is not important and I have no problem with a lefty (in the right configuration) yes I`m picky.

I am not fond of the old clipfed semi`s

A big old narley piece of wood too

I really like the 151M and the L46A-LS, but I`m very picky here. I have looked at boatloads.....it will come.

Now there is a little Colt semi rifle, that I dribble about from time to time...had a good lead, but the guy would never return my questions......for that matter, even answer.
    I guess I ask the wrong question....How Much??
    I gotta no.....right, never seen one priced.....may not need it that bad, but would at least like a price range. LTS

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/9/02 8:40:00 pm)
    Reply | Edit LTS...
    Been there many times with questions that went unanswered...especially regarding price!...will post a Pic of the latest Colt Semi-auto when it gets here!...

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/13/02 6:53:32 pm)
    Reply Re: LTS...
    "Warpig, U handle it, U seem to no whatcher doing"
    Hooboy, some one bin in the sauce too long.........

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/14/02 1:22:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit I'm ready...
    Been busy over at the other place watching auctions wind down...got way to many .22 calibers coming, here is one that arrived...it is fun to shoot (Vibe is to blame)...Vibe the second 100 rd drum came with it. Should I keep the second drum or sell it?

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/14/02 1:53:29 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: I'm ready...
    That thing is U G L Y I would sell the 2nd one. Why would you need two of them?

I will post the rules for the Postal Match tonight

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/14/02 2:15:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit Feelings are all hurt...
    Now see there ya go Warpig hurtin' my feelins and all...cuz I ain't to pretty either...wasn't sure about letting the second drum go yet, until someone can tell me how robust they are. Jason, I put a Simmons 4x32 22 mag scope on it(had to do something the iron sights suck). Is the scope any good? Just a student...

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/14/02 4:45:26 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Feelings are all hurt...
    I know Simmons has fans, but I have always thought of them as low grade myself. But for a .22 it would be just fine and dandy. No recoil there to mess things up.

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/14/02 8:08:16 pm)
    Reply | Edit are Y'all ready...
    ...for the ass whuppin' your gonna take in the .22 Cal. "Postal Match"....Warpig, There ought to be a Winner's prize and a Loser's prize...What do ya think?...

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/14/02 8:10:35 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: are Y'all ready...
    Bring it on.

Do you want me to just send ya the losers prize right now or do you want to wait

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/14/02 8:14:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit Be careful...
    ...I got a few rifles a comin'...I think they'll measure up!...

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/15/02 3:57:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit Come to think about it...
    If'n your shooting the same type of .22 caliber rifle as Zigzag, between you and Zig you guys will be a shoe in. He's got a freakin' movie theatre mounted on the rifle he's showin' off over at clyde's.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/15/02 10:11:57 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Come to think about it...
    open sights for me

course I do have a 3x9x50 I could throw on a 22