The Firearms Forum banner

POSTED ON SEABEES 'SMUG-MUG'...

790 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  rooter 
#1 ·
IN LINE WITH THE TIMES...

Greetings,Fellow Americans. Strange subject title you remark? Well, here I am, just a few days now short of my 80th birthday...yeah, I'm a Scorpio with whatever reflections is to be said about those overbearing folks. Usually, I type #12 Font, upper case letterings and claim it's my shingles effected eye that requires my doing that because of vision problems...HONEST *****. that is so!
Okay, sign of the times...you gott'a know I watch a lot of TV being retired and ancient...thrill to GUNSMOKE and THE WALTONS...recently that old Navy favorite JAG is playing again daily...Along with that, I do see a lot of commercials...I've noted so many of the young men in commercials as well as the young TV actors sporting scruffty looking growths of whiskers. I won't even call them beards for they don't look tended and groomed as beards should be...Some good looking gals were speaking about men's appearances the other day...the peaked up and spiked hair-dos, looking uncombed and the whiskers...this one pretty gal said to the other gal that the men want to appear being bad...Okay, if that fits their adjenda, so be it...There is another expression that has changed recently...it's on a toilet paper commercial...whereby, forever and ever rear-ends were called "butts"...
Remember the old navy movie, MISTER ROBERTS when they were called 'bu-tocks'? I suppose if a couple hairy-legged old Navy Seabees were scoping out an attractive 'six' at the local HOOTERS they'd peg it as an original ........! Well, currently, in that toilet tissue ad they are referred to by these giggling gals as "bums"...not even sure that's how to spell it!

A current event from the desert southwest...It is cooling off nicely and long sleeved sweatshirts are appearing...long-legged britches that don't just look fresh out of the drier and wrinkled from long storage and smelling like old people or perhaps like Mother Rose's Moth Balls. Standing near someone in the checkout line, those aforementioned smells strangle out a CHANEL #5 fragrance or the pungent aroma of men's OLD SPICE.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks, Swifty for the birthday greetings. I agree that the female marine was one rare doll...her name is Cathy Bell...I checked because she speaks a forigne lingo now and then...she was born in Iran.. American since age 2. You're new here on the board, Swifty...welcome...Seabees run in my family...at one time or other all of us boys had been in the same battalion...Later nephew Chuck tried but was assigned to another Seabee battalion during the Gulf War...Best regards...Chief

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.