powder load data for a 124gr. xtphp

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by AR guy, Nov 24, 2012.

1. ejkoechling

ejkoechling Well-Known Member

I started with WIN.231, then tried the Titegroup and noticed it seem to leave my guns dirtier ( 9mm,40s&w,and 45acp). I'm new to the reloading and wondering if you may have noticed this in any of your guns that your shooting your reloaded ammo from.?
  2. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

Win231 is the same as HP-38 also remember. (like Win296/H110)

Is it appearing dirtier or are you seeing any unburned powder? The titegroup has always burned fairly clean in both .40 and .45 for me, not quite as good as Clays (maybe? they're close) but pretty close.

I've not used W231/HP-38 before myself.

powder burn rate chart for comparison; shotgun/pistol powder burns fastest

http://www.hodgdon.com/burn-rate.html
  3. ejkoechling

ejkoechling Well-Known Member

Titegroup burns faster (#14 on chart) than the WIN 231 (29 on chart) which I was aware of from my reload book. I was just courious of the titegroup since you said that was what you preferred. I guess its unburt powder I'm getting in my barrels. Had to actually get Butchs Bore Clean to get my guns clean, and still had to use Butchs a couple of times to get the grooves in the barrels clean. I especially noticed it in my Kimber Conceal carry II.
    I am using a min. load . If that may make any difference? Like I said; I'm somewhat new to the reloading, Just trying to pick up any tips I can