Powder/Primers now kept behind the counter?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by garydude, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Got more primers & powder than my great grandkids will ever use, no joke went over board 2 years back and should have spent more on brass & bullets. Couldn't imagine Sportsmans in Fairbanks putting all that powder & primers they usually have on shelves somewheres else.

Ya know, I was reading ATF was taking comments (you know the codewords for upcoming regulations) until Dec 31st concerning many types of hunting bullets (non FMJ) that are able to penetrate vests. I guess by their proposed determination, any bullet going over 1700 falls in this category; that's all the bullets I use way I see things. Then they have a special hatred for the solid & I guess they are bonded bullets and anything on that order. So first they don't want us using lead for the environment & now, they don't want us using copper, or anything else I guess. Maybe this sounds like fear mongering, but who knows. My gun shop guy claims big changes with the new year. Time to buy a few new lowers and order more bullets before they are outlawed.

What have you all heard about this?
  2. mikld

mikld Active Member

Just because a man has a title after his name doesn't mean he knows all the rules/laws by heart. I've heard of firefighters that won't go near reloading components in a fire...
  3. 312shooter

312shooter Active Member

Well if you are in LV, the firechief went through stores such as Bass Pro and Sportsmans and pushed some breech of local fire code on these retailers.