1. bobcox

bobcox New Member

Walther 32 cal. 7.65 mm Model PPK # 414720 k
    Carl Walther Waffenfabrik
    Eagle with swastka on frame and barrel
    Condition is very good with slight wear on butt.
    Two magazines and holster.
    How old is and what is its worth?
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Really need pictures on this one, clear pictures of all the markings and of the left side. Is there a letter beside the Eagle swastika? Is so may be police markings. However, my reference also shows Eagle over Circle Swastika was also used both military and commercial proof .Year 1944
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The eagle over N was the commercial proof, and used on the Walther pocket pistols into 1944, when the Wehrmacht took over about all production.

Jim
  4. Danny

Danny Member

The Eagle /N was brought into play in late 1939 and continues to this day.
    The pistol in question was indeed manufactured in 1944 & Army accepted by the proof stamp.
    As RJ suggested pictures are needed to really give you a correct value.
    KIND regards
    Danny
  5. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The current eagle/N proof uses a different shape eagle, the so-called Bundesadler, instead of the straight wing Reichsadler of the Nazi era.

Jim
  6. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I knew this would bring you out Jim, that's why I stated that clear pictures are needed to determine just what he has. I know about the Eagle N and the stylized eagle. I have seen so many odd things in reference to PPs and PPKs that nothing surprises me anymore.:D
  7. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Nor me.

One seldom-mentioned fact is that Fritz Walther was an early and fervent backer of the Nazi party (something the company prefers to forget), and that is probably the reason Walther was allowed to continue the [profitable] production of commercial weapons almost up to the end of the war, where many other companies were early restricted to party/military sales. That results in confusion as to whether a given pistol was really "commercial" or was purchased for use by one of the multitudinous Party groups and governmental organizations authorized arms under the Third Reich. It also accounts for Walther's willingness to accommodate such groups in terms of discounts, special markings and the like, the RZM (the Nazi party equipment organization) being one of the best known.

Jim