Pray for the election

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by BlackEagle, Oct 24, 2012.

1. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

We have talked at great length with each other about the candidates and issues surrounding this election.

There is no doubt in my mind that one party will pull a lot of dirty tricks to try to get a win. For the last 4 years we have seen how they work from the White House.

There is also no doubt in my mind that God rules and over-rules in all things, and that He has told us to pray, and where our words fail, His Spirit intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.

--Proverbs 29:2

--Proverbs 29:4

God had a way of blessing Israel when a Godly king ruled the land; godless kings led the land away from God and His blessings.

Would you join me in praying that God would stop the dirty tricks cold and expose them and bring the perpetrators to justice;

that He would drop the scales from the eyes of the undecided cause them to vote right;

that the right people would likewise be elected to the House and Senate.

And add other thoughts prayers...
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  2. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

3. cutter

cutter New Member

4. crystalphoto

crystalphoto Member

5. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

This will probably stir up a hornets nest, but I have to say it. How can a Christian support a party that approves of abortion, same sex marriages, and a president that has stated that there is more than one way to get to heaven?
  6. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

It is CC, Iron Eagle.
    Compartmentalized Christianity.

It allows one to vote for people with anti-Christian stances provided that some of their policies are desirable. Someone votes for Obama because "He gave me a PHONE!", for instance.

It allows people to support institutions that take part in anti-Christian activities provided that there is some gain to be made from that support. Continuing to buy from Amazon after learning that they support Gay Marriage, for instance.

+1 BlackEagle -
    I pray that we citizens of the United States would elect the leadership we NEED -
    and not the leadership we DESERVE -
  7. BlackEagle

Iron Eagle,
    I have no desire to engage in debate at this point; only to ask the forum to pray that God would answer prayer for a change in government; that His standards would be reinstated in this country.
  8. Airdale

Airdale Member

BlackEagle,

As one who believes that this nation could not exist without Devine Providence you can rest assured prayers are said often for this country. I know God has given a choice between good and evil (I truly believe that) and if we allow it to go the wrong way it will not end well.

Thanks for reminding us that prayer should be our first option followed by earnest action.
  9. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

Praying here in VA.

Very sick of the commercials...
  10. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

This is a sentiment I agree with wholeheartedly - and while I'm at it, I'll add a prayer that Obozo and his cohorts get brought to justice!
  11. BlackEagle

+1 :yeahthat:
  12. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

How offten do you see a perfect storm head right straight for DC ? Could it be an act of GOD ? Will it make it hard for a lot of DEMS to go vote ? Yes, GOD is still in control.
  13. BlackEagle

It makes you think...Will be interesting to see the effect this storm has on the election.
  14. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

The current consensus is that it is going to hurt Obozo. Remember - these are all dem states for the most part. FEMA will not be able to get to all the places where people need help quick enough for sure. A whole bunch of libs are going to be pissed off because they didn't get free help fast enough to suit them. This won't get them to go out and vote for Romney, but they'll simply not bother to go vote at all. The conservatives in the meantime are all pretty much willing to drive through a blizzard to get to the polling stations and will vote.

For states like NC that pretty much seals Romney's win there. It will help in parts of Ohio also and possibly New Hampshire.
  15. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I heard on the weather chanel that they are expecting damage to Chicago due to the wind direction hitting lake Michigan which will cause some huge waves to come in there.

Hmmm -

DC and Chicago.

No connection there - -