prayer request

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by HunterAlpha1, Oct 4, 2011.

1. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

greetings patriots and friends,

please pray for my mom, she's in the hospital. she was severely incontinent, disoriented, and weak and unstable on her feet. it turns out that she'd has mini-strokes a couple weeks ago, now the doctors are trying to figure out if she's had some more in the past couple of days. she was also dehydrated because she couldn't hold water, and her electrolytes were low because her sodium was dangerously low and the bladder cleanse my sister had her on to combat the incontinence wasn't replacing the electrolytes.

your prayers would be greatly appreciated. she was feeling a little better when i left her early yesterday morning, and my sister who is with her now says she's improved further.
  2. Juker

Juker New Member

Glad to, prayers sent for your mother --
  3. bakerconch

bakerconch New Member

4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Prayers from here as well.

My Mom has been in and out of the hospital for years. Some was age related (illnesses and such), but much was medicinal in nature. Too many Dr.s prescribing too much without consulting each other.

20 odd years ago, she came over for Christmas and asked about and old peddle sewing machine I had. It was her Aunts, and Mom gave it to me. I told her it was her Aunt Winnies and she gave it to me. She didn't remember a bit of it, and we thought Alzheimers/dementia was setting in. We later found out is was her meds. She was fine after that.

3 years ago, she had the flu and was hospiltalized again (in her mid 80's). I called her and she didn't recognize me. Three times I called, talked to her husband, got handed off to Mom, and she hung up on me. "You're NOT my Bobby"! Talk about a blow to the senses! Once again, it was the meds.

I realize this has little to do with your situation, but maybe it does. Too many cooks in the kitchen?

At any rate, you will be thought of. God bless you, and hang in there.
  5. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

On there way brother!
  6. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

done

God Bless
  7. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Prayers from New Mexico to you fine Gents.
  8. 1 Eyed Jack

1 Eyed Jack New Member

Prayers are on the way, having sick family members is difficult to deal with sometimes, for thier sake, be strong and POSITIVE, it's the best thing you can do for them,
  9. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Prayers sent, glad to hear that she is doing better!
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

prayers from this side
  11. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Heavenly Father;

I come before you this afternoon praising you for your mercy towards us, and thanking you for the many blessings you have bestowed upon me, my family, and all my friends here on this forum.
    And I have a request as well, Lord.
    I am lifting up this dear lady to you, Lord, and asking for you to be merciful to her. I thank you for the improvement that has already been seen in her condition, because I know that ALL healing comes from you regardless of what tools you decide to use.
    And I ask you, Father, to continue this improvement.
    I ask you to return to her complete control of her body.
    I ask you to return to her complete control of her mind.
    I ask you to return to her complete strength.
    And I ask you to be with her family and friends, giving each one strength and assurance as they continue to deal with this.

I place all of this into your loving hands, Lord, and trust you to handle this.

I ask all of this in the name of Jesus the Christ, the Great Physician.
  12. cutter

cutter New Member

Prayer sent!
  13. herohog

herohog New Member

Prayers sent. It is very hard on the family in times like these and they will break your heart at times but you have to know that is not the person you once knew. Hang in there and treat them with love and respect and don't argue with them as it will only serve to further agitate and confuse them. It is usually best to "play along" and do your best to simply keep them calm and happy. Cherish the moments of clarity as they are more precious than gold now. I feel your pain as I have been down this road and my wife now works with the elderly/infirm and we have learned a lot and it is an unthinkably hard task that is laid out before us. Be strong and have faith and let your love carry you through the tough times.
  14. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Prayers from here too.
  15. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Well-Known Member

Prayers sent!