Prayers needed for TIREMAN

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, Jun 28, 2007.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Steve had a very serious motorcycle wreck last Thursday, in pretty bad shape serious neck and right foot injuries. A 19 year old female talking on cell phone pulled directly in front of him. no time to react his bike is a total loss. Steve said he will try to visit as soon as he can maybe for a minute or two today.
    May God help you through this our prayers are with you & the family
    Ron & Carla
  2. HiSpeed

HiSpeed New Member

Prayors sent.Steve and family.
  3. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

Prayers on the way
  4. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Got Bless ya TIREMAN.....

Recover quickly & find a good lawyer....:mad:
  5. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Sky kites are flying, Tman.

Take care of yourself brother.
  6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

7. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Sent from here.
  8. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Praying for you TIREMAN. Heal up and get yourself a new bike. Keep riding, never give up on it.
  9. blackhawkkid308

blackhawkkid308 Member

ditto to all the above
    bhk308
  10. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Prayers on the way.
  11. mrs njretcop

mrs njretcop New Member

Prayers sent from NJ
  12. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Prayers from Naples are on the way. I took the liberty of looking up the Patron Saint of Motorcyclists and found him. Fascinating story. What his life had to do with motorcyclists, I have NO IDEA. But I've posted it for your reading enjoyment below anyway. :)

Patron Saint Of Motorcycling

The Vatican has offically endorsed an early Irish saint, Columbanus of Bobbio as the patron saint of motorcyclists. He was born on the Carlow/Wicklow border in the year 543 ad, and died at the monastery he founded in Bobbio, in what is now Northern Italy in 615 AD, after many years of travelling around Europe. His bones still lie interred in his church there.

A handsome rugged kind of chap, he left Ireland to escape the clutches of lascivious women who were irresistibly attracted to him. According to the biography of his life written by Jonas, one of the many miracles attributed to him involved the multiplication of bread and beer, as follows:

"A while after, Columban went to the monastery of Fontaines and found sixty brethren hoeing the ground and preparing the fields for the future crop. When he saw them breaking up the clods with great labor, he said, "May the Lord prepare for you a feast, my brethren." Hearing this the attendant said, "Father, believe me, we have only two loaves and a very little beer." Columban answered, "Go and bring those." The attendant went quickly and brought the two loaves and a little beer. Columban, raising his eyes to heaven, said, "Christ Jesus, only hope of the world, do Thou, who from five loaves satisfied five thousand men in the wilderness, multiply these loaves and this drink." Wonderful faith! All were satisfied and each one drank as much as he wished. The servant carried back twice as much in fragments and twice the amount of drink. And so he knew that faith is more deserving of the divine gifts than despair, which is wont to diminish even what one has."

His Feast day is the 23rd November
  13. rosierita

rosierita New Member

consider it done!
  14. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Prayers sent up for you and family, Tireman.

May He wrap you in His healing arms and bless you richly.
  15. tireman

tireman Member

thanks so much everyone!! your prayers were obviously just what i needed! went to the neuroligist today and have no serious nerve damage in my neck--nothing my chiropractor cant fix my right foot is a mess im sure i have crushed tendons according to the mri right arm has a three inch puncture from where my side mirror broke off as i slid by--the young lady got a state violation for failure to yeild and a city violation for talking on cell phone heres a recap
    thurs 11:00 left work for lunch with my 13 yr old 11:07 she pulled from my right directly in front of me just as i shifted my 02 ace deluxe honda into third---i remember seeing her pull out and heard my front tire blow next:11:35 woke up to ambulance personell tending to me spent 3 hrs ona a backboard while cat scans and such where done (they couldnt find a brain so everything normal there) flash to sat evening when they let me out of icu drugs made sat nite and sun a blur
    monday back to regular doc who ordered mri and other cat scan(my privates took a beating) and i mean n pun intended--went to ultra sound after that
    wed orthopedist who said no surgery but sprains and crushed tendons andligaments take longer to heal than breaks
    thurs x rays 29 miles north of home then back to neuoligist with results set in his office 5 hours for the great new about my neck--im feelin okay, but as im typing, checked my answereing machine and orthopedist called and said surgery immenint for tendons in right ankle----still gonna try to go back to work mon for just a couple hours a day---the jewels wont let me set much longer than that-----as far as bikes go, i promised the big guy upstairs if hed let me up off that highway and go home in one piece to my family, i would try to be a little safer, ssooooooooo wife and daughter say no new bike for a while---i guess my jet ski and my trans ams will have to give me my need for speed---thanks to everyone for your prayers as i know they all did me some good--also thanks ron for letting everyone know----you are a great bunch of folks and the lord sometimes works in not so mysterious ways--i m convinced your prayers kept me from imminent neck surgery as thats directly where i landed luv and peace to all and i have the newspaper article with some pics if anyone would care to post them for me--------steve
  16. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Great news, TM. May God continue to wrap His arms of healing around you and bless you, and your family.

Look for an Email.
  17. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Steve that is some good news very happy for you about the neck now do like the doctors say and you will be up and about real soon. I am still coming up for that cup of coffee one day.
    Ron
  18. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

19. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Steve:

Have you noticed the multiplication of bread and/or beer in your house since my post? Maybe a nod to ol' Saint Columbanus of Bobbio is in order? Any Saint who can multiply beer is way cool in my book! ;)

Glad you're doing better.
  20. stash247

stash247 New Member

Bro,I been praying; take that to the bank!
    Fact is, any accident, on a bike, that you can talk about, is classified as 'minor', in my book, but let me offer this small thought.
    About 30 months ago, I was T-boned, by an old man in a Buick Regal; he was somewhat below where I would draw the line, for competence, but, legally licensed. There was no question of (legal) fault; LEO's at the scene gave it all to him. Yet, had I done things differently, I could have avoided being a part of the accident!
    This is how we grow, and progress, in the motorcycle world, amid cages, and 'old men, wearing hats'
    I've ridden, literaly, hundreds of thousands of 'accident free' miles,and this rascal 'abushes' me. less than 300 feet from where I started the bike, that night, and though the fault was legally his, more attention, on my part, would have eliminated the accident!!!
    Steve, this may sound kinda preachy, but make this a positive, learning, experience; there ain't a day goes by, that I do not see and record, for memory, another way that people can be "dangerous stupid", on the road, and these are the things that keep me/us safe, if used in a "Prophylactic" kind of way!
    Sorry to hear of the damage to the ankle, as I have been down this long, painful road, but as I began, any accident you can later talk about is a "Good/minor" accident!
    That the other party got 'nailed' for the 'cell phone' charge, as well as the "Failure to Yield", charge, makes your civil action, or the need for the same, almost a walk in the park, so far as results go, to cover medical expenses, and property damage!
    Hope the ankle heals well, and soon!