pre 64 winchester 94

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by oldmedik, Dec 4, 2012.

1. oldmedik

oldmedik New Member

hi guys, i have a couple of questions. i just picked up a winchester 94, serial number puts it at 1945-1948. my question is the metal hss no finish left on it anywhere, it appears to have been chemically removed. so now very little collector value. if i reblue it would that make it worth even less? the wood is in very good shape. can the recievers on the older winchesters be reblued? the newer ones are almost impossible to reblue. will add pics asap.

thanx for any input
    martin wise
  2. Bert H.

Bert H. Member

Hello oldmedik,

With the serial number, I can determine the precise year of manufacture. Most of the Model 94s made in time frame you mention were Flat-band Carbines.

Rebluing it will have no effect on the value... the value was lost when the original bluing was stripped off of it. All pre-1964 Winchesters can be reblued without the issues found on the post-1963 receivers.

Bert H.
  3. oldmedik

oldmedik New Member

thank you sir the serial num. is 1306694 the pics are coming does it have any value at all?
  4. oldmedik

oldmedik New Member

winchester 94

Attached Files:

5. Bert H.

Bert H. Member

You were off a few years... serial 1306694 was manufactured in November of 1941.

It is worth a few hundred as long as it has a clean bore and shoots good.

Bert H.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012