The Firearms Forum banner

Pre-war Browning Hi-Power

7K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  valbehaved 
#1 ·
I purchased a Hi-Power (believe it to be a 1935 model) several years ago. Recently, I tried to put an age on the weapon, using serial number of 100xx as a guide.

The markings on the pistol are in 2 lines on the slide.

FABRIQUE NATIONALE D'ARMES DE GUERRE HERSTAL-BELGIQUE

Next line:

BROWING'S PATENT DEPOSE (smaller font)
The unit also has markings on the trigger side of the handgrip -

LGK.B. 0693

The same marking is on both magazines I got with the pistol.

The unit has fixed sights, and blue in color (has some holster wear).

Anyone have any ideas how old this unit is, under what contract was it manufactured and/or what does the marking on the hand grip mean?

I have looked on line extensively, but cannot find any pictures of pre-war 1935's that have the same lettering pattern. (as described above). Many have similar words, not the same pattern.

Thanks very much for any assistance.

Tom Conner

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I've listed a link, take a look and tell me what you see on yours, this may be a M1922. LGK.B stands for Landes Gendarmerie Kommando Burgenland. Burgenland is an Austrian "county". Hope this helps you out.

If you have some pics of yours, that would help out greatly in getting some reliable answers for you.

manufactured for Germany here, but I want to get an idea on exact model from you :

http://www.tague.at/pistolen/en_index.htm?/pistolen/pages/en_fn1922.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.