pre war p38 finish

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Ralph Johnson, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Ralph Johnson

Ralph Johnson New Member

Can any one tell me if the P38 manufactured at the speelwerks germany was ever produced with a chrome or nickle finish, during 1944 -1945 period
    I aquired a chrome p-38 with speelwerks markings. on slide below the serial # there is a letter P the serial # is 3500.
    Could anyone tell me were I can find the meaning of the other markings on this pistol. It also has stamped metal grips. It also appears to have very few shells if any fired thru it
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  2. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

NO they did not. I have done so much resurch on p-38's it aint even funny and I have never heard of any p-38's with a nickle finish. Now there was a P-1 with a nickle finish but I have never seen any of these but they were made.
  3. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    By the time Spreewerke got into arms production, a nickled pistol would be the last thing the Germans needed. Much too wasteful of wartime materials. Besides, a nickled pistol flashing around in combat! No thanks. TJ