Pre-War? Walther PPK value

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by wpully, Jan 27, 2010.

1. wpully

wpully New Member

I inherited an old Walther PPK from my grandfather and was wondering what its value was. The gun is in good condition and shoots great. The blue is faded around the muzzle and grip buts thats it. The grips are in perfect condition. The serial number is 914514. It has a crown and the letter N stamped on the slide and on the barrel. The left side of the slide has the Walther scroll logo and says, "Waffenfabrik Walther, Zella-Mehlis (Thur)" and below that "Walther's Patent Cal 7.65 m/m Mod.PPK" Also, the magazine has the finger rest on it.
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Yes, it is a prewar Walther PPK. The value depends on the condition, so we will need nice, sharp detailed photos to get a good idea of what it's worth.
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The gun was made prior to April 1940, when the proof marks were changed to the Nazi eagle/N instead of the crown/N. Your gun was one of the last PPK's to be numbered in the same series as the PP.

The PP and PPK were designed around the 7.65mm Browning (.32 ACP) and it is the most common caliber. Your gun in the condition described would probably retail for around $600-700.

Jim
  4. Danny

Danny Member

:)Just for thought is the finger ext mag is selling for 350 dollars.
    Danny:)
  5. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

And the correct period grips can be sold for 300 on Flea-Bay, so the value is probably closer to a thousand +.