1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Pre war Walther ppk with white grips

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by alenla, Dec 27, 2009.

1. alenla

alenla New Member

I have a prewar Walter PPK .32 RZM markings left side of slide crown over n on barrel but no markings on right side of slide such as crown over n under barrel(ejection port). Im curious to know why the gun has white or ivory color plastic grips and not the usual brown ones. Serial number 842xx. Gun was purchased in early 1990's at a pawnshop.
    View attachment 32444

View attachment 32443
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  2. jondar

jondar New Member

Well, there are two possibilities, one is that these are aftermarket grips that a previous owner decided to install just to "dress up" the gun. They look identical to the original brown grips.

However, in the back of my mind, (what is left of it) I read something on another forum about "white gripped Walther PPK's" and the owner was arguing that they are original issued grips. I can't argue pro of con as to the truth of this. Someone who is familiar with Walthers may give a better explanation.
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I am inclined to agree that the grips are more likely to be American and installed by a previous owner. One thing to check - remove the grips and look at any markings you find. I suspect you might find "Franzite", made by a Chicago company founded by a man named Franz. If not, let us know what you do find and maybe someone will know if the marks indicate German manufacture.

Jim
  4. alenla

alenla New Member

no markings inside grips. The numbers 711 inside a very small circle on bottom portion of both grips (where the the magazine finger rest is) if the grips were on the gun.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  5. drrishi1

drrishi1 New Member

6. dca965

dca965 New Member

Alenla- I have some period (brown) one piece grips for that gun if you are looking for a set. Also, are you interested in selling this pistol at all?

Dave