Pre WW II Walther PP -- Mint

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by JohnGerald, Aug 20, 2006.

1. JohnGerald

JohnGerald New Member

2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi John.......welcome to TFF! :)

I have a couple of questions for you to help estiblish your Model PP's value.

Does it have a Waffenampt (Nazi Eagle on top of a circle with swastika in it)?

Does it have any other markings such as NSKK, NSDAP, PDM, RJ, RFV, or RBD?

I don't see any in your excellent photos, but oft times these markings don't show up well in photos.
  3. JohnGerald

JohnGerald New Member

Thanks, Xracer.

The walther has no such markings. I bought it from a retired priest, whose father was a doctor. It was the father's pistol. Other than me putting a couple of mags through it before buying it, I suspect it had very little use. It is blemish free and well maintained.
  4. John, your Walther has absolutely no value whatsoever, so you may as well just send it along to me for proper "disposal." :D :p

Seriously, even without Nazi markings those are fine weapons indeed, and if it is in virtually mint condition you have a real keeper. I've always wanted one of those for my collection, but most are way out of my price range.

Welcome to TFF, by the way!
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

OK John....your Model PP appears to be a standard pre-war commercial Model and should have a "Crown N" proof.

According to The Blue Book of Gun Values, it's value (in .32ACP) is:

100% - $650
    98% - $550
    95% - $425

Personally, I hang onto this baby, but if you're determined to sell it, I'd say you'd get best dollar by placing it up for auction at one of the bigger auction sites, such as:

GunBroker.com...... http://www.gunbroker.com/

or AuctionArms.com....... http://www.auctionarms.com/

Good Luck.....:)
  6. Danny

Danny Member

Hello:
    I collect only prewar PP,s and PPK,s and that is really a nice example you have there.If you have the manual to go with it it would sell for a grand or more.By the way,your pistol was made in 1938.If you need more info or discuss sell call me at 304-877-6650.
    Kind Regards
    Danny