Precise Minuteman knife?

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by jrg, Oct 30, 2009.

1. jrg

jrg New Member

I was looking in one of my footlockers, and ran across a Buck 110 lookalike that I bought when I was a teenager (mid 70's). Brass bolsters, wood scales, somewhat larger but thinner than the Buck.

It is labeled Precise Minuteman, handmade blade (this etched on blade). Has a rearing horse (I think) on blade as well. Just bought a new camera and I haven't installed software to load it onto computer yet.

Anyone know of this critter? Have not found any reference to it anywhere yet, but maybe I haven't cut across that piece of internet Universe. :D
  2. RJay

RJay Active Member

The Buck 110 is probably one of the most copied knifes in the world. I have over 20 look a likes but I've never seen a Minute Man copy.
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Only knife I could cross reference was a Precise Deerslayer model. Is there a manuf country stamped on the blade?
  4. jrg

jrg New Member

I think Japan - here is that picture I promised. Top knife.

[​IMG]

I'm sure its a cheapie, as I really couldn't afford a 'good knife' back then. I was just curious if anyone had more knowledge about them. Below is an equally old Imperial, and a Schrade drop point.

Editted later - looked closer at inscription last night - not Minuteman, Mustang is correct name. Totally my bad, I don't know how I got that wrong. Dyslexia is a horrible disease.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2009