Premier needs work

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by pmeisel, Dec 13, 2009.

1. pmeisel

pmeisel New Member

I have an old Premier passed down through the family.

When fired, the trigger does not return all the way forward, to pick up the hand to advance the cylinder for the next shot. If you push the trigger forward, it works fine.

I am looking either for a good gunsmith in Mississippi, or a good takedown and reassembly reference.

Any help?
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I assume you mean an H&R Premier revolver. Lots of luck, as it is nearly impossible to find people to work on those old guns unless they do it as a hobby. It sounds like the trigger spring is broken (a common problem); springs are available from Wolff's (www.gunsprings.com) but will require fitting.

Work on those revolvers is tedious and difficult; just fitting that spring could take a couple of hours, counting dis- and re-assembly of the gun. And that, at reasonable rates, would be more than the gun is worth.

Jim