Premier Trail Blazer 22 Cal Pump

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Bulldog1862, May 29, 2008.

1. Bulldog1862

Bulldog1862 Member

Good Evening Shooters!! I have a very old Premier Trail Blazer 22 Cal Pump Action, with an octagon barrel. On the receiver it is stamped 10791 K, The bluing was gone a long time ago. The gun was my Dads and it was passed on to me. I would not part with it as it a reminder of days long past rolling critters with him and long days Jeeping and plinking. I would like to see old it is as he remembered his Dad giving it to him as a boy. Any back ground would make it better, Thanks
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Your Premier Trail Blazer Pump is actually a Savage/Stevens Model 29. They were made from 1929 to 1967. Those made before 1940 had an octagon barrel.

I don't know of any lists of Savage/Stevens/Springfield .22 serial #s to manufacture dates, so the best I can tell you is that your Model 29 was made sometime beteen 1929 and 1940.
  3. fritzthecat

fritzthecat New Member

Jut curious Xraser, whats a gun like that worth if its in very good condition. I know a guy who has one for sale and would like to offer him a fair price. this a one owner gun.
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

That's the trouble with tacking on to an old post rather than start a new one. Xracer has passed on awhile back. Blue book list your 29 at 350 in new condition down to 125 in poor.
  5. fritzthecat

fritzthecat New Member

thank you sir,
    My belated condolences to xracers friends and family. Thanks for your help.
  6. onearmvet

onearmvet New Member

RJay will it b hard to find the two parts i nd to fix the trail blazer
  7. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Yes, I think it will be difficult, but not impossible. Start with the usual parts sources such as Numrich, Bobs gun parts, Jack First Who knows, you might find your part on your first search. Good luck
  8. jeff ritenour

jeff ritenour New Member

I also have a 22 premier trail blazer I remember using when I was younger someone disassemble the trigger and then I got it back I need parts , the valu in the gun is memories can someone help with finding them.
    thank you Jeff
  9. Former-USAF

Former-USAF New Member

Hello Jeff, I have a Premier gun that is good for parts. I'm not sure what is wrong with it but if you are interested please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Dave
  10. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Welcome to TFF Dave. The post you are responding to was made almost 2 months ago by a gentleman who has never returned to see an answer to his post.

Also, if if your post is an attempt to sell your rifle for parts, that is not allowed here. You have to make 15 posts so that you can list it in our buy/sell/trade forum.