Prep for the week

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by streetbob, Sep 25, 2012.

1. streetbob

streetbob Active Member

Sound guy, it is very easy. To make the wicks you need is cotton twine, water, table salt, and borax laundry booster. You add 1 cup of water, 1 tbsp of salt, and 2 tbsp of borax into a pot. Warm the mix up until the salt and borax has compleatly dissolved take a few pieces of the cotton twine cut into 12" pieces and put them in the mix, let them soak for 20 minutes in the solution and hang them up to dry for 5 days. After they dry get some candle holders and a old candle or old crayons put a pot on the stove with water added to it and another pot on top for the wax. Melt the wax in the top pot, when the wax is ready dunk the wicks into the wax 2 to 3 times letting it hardening in between dunks. I tie wooden kabob sticks to the wicks before dunking them to keep them straight in the jars and a small nut to keep them down in the wax. When ready pour the melted wax into the jar and add the wick into the middle. Let them cool for 16 hours and repour wax into jars for a second time because the center of the candle will sink when it cools, after they cool for 6 to 8 hours they are ready to go.
  2. streetbob

streetbob Active Member

Here are a few candles I recently done.

Attached Files:

3. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

wow, those look great.

question.. what does the borax and the salt do to the wick, stiffen it?

awesome pics!

and plus.. you could stick a matchbook on top of it then put a lid on, and you'd have a watertight candle with way to light it up.

i like the double boiler setup

cool ideas