Prescribed drugs and violence

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Rommelvon, Apr 18, 2007.

1. STAYFROSTY

STAYFROSTY Member

Wow. Crazy thread. I wasnt mining I promise. This actually showed up as a "related thread" to a ruger mkIII Post I was reading. Makes me thankful and feel blessed for every moment i spend with my wife and kids and good friends and family. What's sad is recently( past few years) our safety meetings have become less about safety from the environment I work in, and more about what to do if we have a shooter and bomb threats..
    People can't cope anymore. The one fella had it right. Easier to medicate then treat.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  2. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

IMO, they are dangerous drugs. Once started, should not be stopped without very close supervision. The patient could be in worse condition than before starting them.
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

http://www.real-dream-catchers.com/natural_serotonin/prozac_and_SSRIs_exposed.htm
  4. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The school system insisted my son take some drug to keep him under control. I forget the name of it. I am not a fan of these drugs so I told him not to take them. The school insisted. My wife went along with this.

I had him through them out every day but not let them know. He did this for years. They kept telling me how the drug had improved his behavior and he was doing so much better. They never did know he never took them. This went on for years.

I think they get a kick back from the drug company's just like doctors do. Don't take these kind of drugs and don't let your kids do it.
  5. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Well-Known Member

that's why, if/when society collapses, there will be so much violence it'll be overwhelming. right now there are tens of millions of people taking meds that, if stopped cold turkey, cause symptoms ranging from severe withdrawal, to suicidal/homicidal outbreaks, to death.

imagine all of these people running out of meds over a 1-3 week period and not being able to get more because there's no production or distribution. let's say that 1/3 of them are of the homicidal persuasion. now, not only do you have the usual lawless element running amok, as well as the truly evil people who only act civilized because the lights are on, but add to that several million more people who are experiencing violent reactions from quitting the drugs cold turkey, and you have a truly nightmare scenario.

my advice is: if the label says do not stop taking it cold turkey, then don't start!
  6. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

That is a very good observation, I haven't thought about that. Disturbing.
  7. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The drugs prescribed are just like tests that are follow ups, to other tests. If a doctor does not treat a person for an illness that is a mental issue, or a doctor does not prescribe follow-up testing to protect themselves, what's the next step?

They're going to be sued.

That's the American way. The only way out for a doctor, is to join the staff of a hospital and get totally out of private practice. Every one complains about the high costs of treatments. There's a solid reason for the costs.. law suits and liability insurance for the doctor. Costs to the physician, in both instances, are phenomenal.

It's a catch-22 for those in the medical field. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Whenever anyone suggests passing a law putting limitations on the amount a person can receive from a court, everyone goes nuts...hey, I want more. And the patient isn't the only one getting a piece of the pie. Wives, or husbands, get an enormous payout because one or the other can't " perform " any longer.

The whole process on just how rich a person can get by suing a doctor or a hospital, needs serious reworking.
  8. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

I think liability limits for medical malpractice is already set in Florida.
  9. Python

Python Former Guest

This is just another Prophesy Sign: The drug culture during the Tribulation.

A society dependent on drugs does not only mean the illegal forms of narcotics, but the legal types as well. And now we have bureaucrats and others calling for governments to add drugs to our water to make us all mellow and less depressive. http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/1202/1224308474582.html We say, no thanks, stay away from our water supplies! However a time may come when governments will do exactly what they want in order to produce a more malleable populace that will be more accepting of the governments agenda. Sound conspiratorial? Perhaps. However the Bible does warn us that during the time of the Tribulation, peoples of the world will refuse and give up and repent of their "sorceries", (Pharmakia in the original Greek). This Greek word noted in Revelation 9:21 is the root word for our English word, "Pharmaceuticals"-or drugs. This world is becoming ever more reliant on drugs to control or eliminate every conceivable aliment, behavior problem or mental health issue. We are medicating ourselves into a stupor. Revelation 9:21.."Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries (drugs), nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts".
  10. Jerryboy

this could be the end times, then again it might not be. I try not to have an opinion either way. The Bible says that no one but the Father alone knows the time or the day, so it will happen one way or another and trying to predict it is a waste of time and energy.

so, in the event that the apocalypse is still several centuries off, I continue to stockpile supplies and ammo and to prepare for whatever happens.
  11. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

amen,you hit the nail on the head we didnt get pills we got our butts whooped and we didnt do it again.My dad only had to tell me once no he just had to look at me and quit what I was doing.
  12. STAYFROSTY

STAYFROSTY Member

In response to jerryboys last sentence, anyone watch doomdays preppers? Im not so worried. In fact I'm looking forward to 12/12/12. It's my sons 1st birthday.
  13. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

14. Jerryboy

if you have a bunker(wish i did:() you're gonna need it, with all the med junkies banging on your bunker door demanding the Ibuprofen in your survival first aid kits.
  15. STAYFROSTY

STAYFROSTY Member

Ibuprofen. Could you imagine a serious throwdown/standoff over Ibuprofen? That'd be ridiculous. Just give me the motrin and no one gets hurt...

Oh, and even though my sons birthday is 12/12, after my post my wife made it apparent I had the Mayan prophecy date wrong, its 12/21/12. Whoops. Oh well. Still not worried.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012