1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Price on Pre-Ban Colt Upper

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by inplanotx, Nov 11, 2003.

1. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

I have a chance to get a Colt pre-ban upper for $500. Is this a good deal or how should I proceed. Also, where can I find a Colt pre-ban lower to complete the weapon as issued? Need a lot of help here as I have never owned one and know little about them. Thanks.
  2. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

There's a lot to learn inplanotx, I didn't realize there was so much till I put my Colt A-2 CAR up on auction. I was bombarded with questions. It sold 2 year ago, maybe a little longer for $1675.00.

Preban "Colt" lowers are $700.00+ and up.

It's up to you, what you want and what configuration.

Good Luck!
  3. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Plano, The "Lower is worth more than the upper"...;)
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Thanks, Ziggy and SG. I guess I do have a lot to learn. However, this is an upper and is $500 in the ballpark? It is in great shape! Thanks.
  5. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

IPT, if it is "new" and "complete" then not bad---not great, but not bad. A-1 or A-2??

Problem lies here, you will pay as much for a Colt lower as you would for the complete rifle, since in this case....the lower is the rifle.

A couple of years ago, I bought a Colt A-1 upper (take off) like new for 250.00. Have never understood why some think they are worth more since you can place any upper on a preban lower.

LTS
  6. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

It couldn't be said any better.

Anything and Everything is available, for whatever configuration you like. Target - Combat - Investment???

My 1st SP-1 was loose as a goose... my Colt CAR was scoped with an originl 4X colt scope and was fun to shoot.
    But my S-A, FN-FAL was IMO a better rifle. :p

Personally, if I was looking for a shooter, I'd consider the Bushmaster.
  7. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Thanks you gentlemen. I appreciate the help. Gonna let this pass and find a whole weapon. Gonna look at the Bushmasters. Thanks.