1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Prices on old .22 clunkers

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by ncpatriot, Mar 15, 2009.

1. ncpatriot

ncpatriot New Member

I just joined today, looks like a good forum. I see that a lot of you collect & restore old .22's.
    I would love to do that myself, but have very little $ right now, can't do it unless I can find stuff cheaply. Those of you who buy and repair, are you finding many pieces on the market? What kind of prices are you paying? What are your preferred sources of supplies? Do you find most pieces safe to shoot after a good cleaning and oiling, or are some too fragile to shoot? Are flea markets, auctions, etc. still able to sell rifles or do they have to go through a dealer? Thanks for any help. I live in central NC, Durham, if that helps the info.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  2. PetahW

PetahW New Member

My honest advice to you, would be to tell you to take up sailing................ yard sale-ing.

Go early in the morning, and ask every single one if they have any old guns for sale - whether any are on display or not.

3. army mp

army mp Member

There could not be a worse time to get started, there are some bargains out there but they are few and far between, Guns are going for a Permian now, If I were just getting started I would pick up Two books (Blue book of Gun Values ) and (Gun Traders Guide.) and really look over what you buy there is a lot to Buying guns. And be aware of The BATF regs, as well as your State laws