Primers

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by thomas44, Jun 7, 2009.

1. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

I'm still waiting for my backorders. How about everyone else ? I did just take a peak at g**b*****.c*m and noticed the prices have come down on the "desperation" market. I noticed several listings that had 0 bidders. To me that's a good sign ! Why is it nobody seems to want PMC primers ? Is the quality sub-par or what ?
    I feel fortunate that I was well-stocked when this all hit. I hope everyone else is not going without their fair share of squeezing off rounds.
  2. 312shooter

312shooter Active Member

Well I think things are getting better, I found small pistol primers IN STOCK at tnt reloading last week as well as 8lb'ers of Varget at Natchez supply, maybe lucky but my backorders from cabelas showed up this week too. I wonder if the folks I noticed at GB who bid varget up to $350 for 8lbs are feeling pretty bad these days....ya know I would.
  3. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    I'm still waiting for mine from Cabelas. The last email I got from them said it would be about the 24th of this month when they came in. I hope so cause I'd like to reload some more.
  4. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

Yes, I also got an 8# of Varget about a month ago at a local shop, plus I got 2,000 Remington .357 bullets from Midway recently. I've still got small rifle primers on b/o from Cabelas and Midsouth. We'll see what happens.
  5. Southern Boy

Southern Boy New Member

well I've been perty lucky in my area, lots of powder, bullets, plenty of new and 1nce fired brass. Only problem has been pistol primers. Ive still got 1ooo or so but hate bein low. Every time I get by a store I pick up another 1ooo mag rifle, and few lb's of various powders. You cant have too much. I thought I'd be okay, since I use mag pistol, and mag L. rifle in all of my rounds, always have without adverse effects, but after this primer scare I'll be stocking up big time when they're available again. Dont buy bang stuff from internet, mail lady is a super lib, keep my purchases private you know.
  6. army mp

army mp Member

I put an order in at a local gun shop in early Jan, for powder and primers, last month I pulled it. and back ordered on-line. The back order date is June 26. I have my fingers crossed. Been conserving what I have.
  7. doug66

doug66 New Member

Powder Valley site states; they are shipping same day. Still not listing any primers, but powder selection is growing. They also show to have quite a bit of ammo in stock.

Cautiously optimistic...