Printable reloading log...

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Horsky1911, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Horsky1911

Horsky1911 New Member

I was bored tonight. So I started playing with my spreadsheet program. I made a log for everyone to use. Any suggestions for improvement will kindly be accepted.:cool:

Attached Files:

2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Not bad. Mine is in Excell, but Word works.

I would not have put a column for "Caliber", since I use a separate page for each caliber. Up where you have "Reloading Data Log" I would add __________________ after "Log", so there was someplace on the top of the page to write the caliber.

Why "quantity"? Is it important that you loaded 20 rounds, or 500 rounds that day?

I'd also lose three or four lines off the bottom of the page, and make the top margin at least an inch. That way there would be room to use a hole punch, and stick the sheet in a notebook.

You've got 37 rows. I think I would cut that down to about 25, so that the row height could be higher. That way there would be room to write stuff on it. The way it is, it is fine for typing on the confuser, but once the page has been printed and put in the notebook, if you want to add something to it, is there room for your handwriting?

Couple of other things that would be nice would be a velocity column (only helpful if you have access to a chronograph), and a spot for comments. Go back to your load data and think, "Here's a load I used to use. Wonder why I don't anymore?" If there was a comment column that said, "This groups 8 inches at 50 yards", you'd know why you don't use that load any more.
  3. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I would make a second spread sheet and place in muzzle velocity caliber and bench notes.
  4. Horsky1911

Horsky1911 New Member

Yeah I agree with velocity but do not have a chrono. I was going to make a second page for range notes. Hence why I put lot numbers there. I will shrink the number of rows down to 25. I write small but that could be a bad thing for when I get older. I am 27 now so when I am 50 it could be a problem. I guess quantity does not matter overall, I was thinking of it as a way to keep track of rounds completed on the press. I will make the adjustments tomorrow thanks for the input. I used works but cheated to check page size hence why it is in word.
  5. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I picked up my Chrono for 100. Best investment I ever made for reloading data.
  6. Horsky1911

Horsky1911 New Member

Ok here is the new version. The only way to upload this is word also, unless i made it into a .pdf. More input or guidance will be appreciated. :D

Attached Files:

7. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member