Pro Gun Companies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cherry Darling, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Cherry Darling

Cherry Darling New Member

:eek:

i know there is a list of pro gun celebrities, but i need a list of pro gun companies. long story short, when we teach concealed carry and we get to concealment options, one of the options i demonstrate is a leather concealed carry purse. the other instructor explains that as far as quality, it is up there with coach leather (a very anti gun company that doea have quality merchandise...) we would just like something to compare it to (a name people would recognize). i have tried looking myself but always end up on sights that give me all the anti gun companies, designers and celebrities....any help would be greatly appreciated:)
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Welcome to the Forum Cherry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):)

mike
    gn
  3. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

Hi Cherry!
    Welcome!
    Lori
  4. islenos

islenos New Member

5. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

Welcome to TFF cherry D.

No help here.
    Im sure someone outa this knowledgeable bunch has your answer.
  6. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Very good question Cherry, and I can't help you out, but welcome aboard.
  7. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Welcome aboard!!! I have seen the list and I'm sure a TFF member will post it soon.
  8. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

9. Don Buckbee

Don Buckbee New Member

I gotta think that the NRA would have a listing of Pro Gun companies.

Don
  10. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

11. Ed K

Ed K New Member

Hello if your looking for CCW hand bags most holster co make them quality products ----- leather it's a brand name
  12. noslolo

noslolo New Member

There you go Cherry, I knew the TFF members wouldn't let you down!
  13. Cherry Darling

actually, we have ccw purses from coranado leather. that's what i demonstrate in the class. sometimes we get people in here that ask us what the quality is comparable to. we tell them Coach Leather as far as quality goes, though coach is anti-gun. i am looking for a pro gun designer company (that makes non concealed carry clothes and purses) that we can compare it to. rather than a company that is anti gun.
    The NRA links dont have any clothing/purse/accessory designers or companies listed that are pro gun or at least neutral as far as guns go. that is what i am looking for.
    i do appreciate the help from everyone though :)
  14. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

Welcome.. if your're speaking specifically " of the concealed " purse and I do know some are well made....
    then just compare that "coach" company to a well known other company... "Batjack" productions...film company founded by John Wayne..carried on by family and others.....

you can even compare the leather/construction to the quality of one of his best saddles....and I would be surprised if the current management was not " gun Pro "..........

although...I would not hint that he ( Mr. Wayne ) ever peronally chose to carry such a purse.....:rolleyes:
  15. artabr

artabr New Member

Welcome to the forun Cherry, I looked but couldn't find anything to add to the lists. I wish I could help you out.

Art
  16. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

My wife has a couple of purses made by a company called American West. They are good quality leather purses with very nice engraving and a western theme. I know that alot of the western stores in Cheyenne Wyoming carry this brand and they are american made. I could not find if they are pro gun or not but you might do your own research or maybe email them to get their position on gun control.
  17. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

:(

All kidding aside ( John Wayne ) I could'nt help you in your
    search regarding similiar vendor's..etc....

if it helps..I would suggest that after showing the quality...functionality of this or similiar products...I would mainly focus on the instruction of how this and other "listed/utilized" products from compotent and PRO2nd
    ( get off of pro/anti gun buzz words...;)) fine vendors
    You use...are encompassed or how to use them in relation with and to the regard of your instructions and teaching students how to survive and handle the act(s) of using these products as per your advice/teachings....

As I have been trying to ponder your situation and help you..I cant resist thinking that you already posses the manufacturer's you seek..in the line of products/vendors you support or use.

If, the matter is..simply having a bigger list to show or allow browsing of purses or comparing quality of makers for a purchase decision , you shoul already have that at your disposal/means...as..( and you should teach ) \The very nature of these {devices, weapons, tools, impliments } requires that the highest quality available for the purpose should be obtained due to life safety..as would even relate to and compare with medical devices..etc. expectations of operations.....

this reflects the (general ) price lineage curves of the actual arms makers...and what once was...still is....there is usable and up..and there is subpar.....

And if you all teach courses / AND primarily sell goods involved...your line, literature, vendor support should carry you forward regarding helping your clients receive the BEST options you know to provide...

not trying to preach...just thinking about your situation and Ive seen SO many gun/bags at conventions...am trying to feel your problem...

thanks for giving me achance to rant...\\

the best regards for yall,

1shot1k :D:cool:
  18. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Cherry,

First....welcome!

Second....try Galco. They make a lot of law enforcment holsters and concealed carry items like purses and such. I have a date book that carry's concealed for those meetings and such when I'm not suited up. Quality stuff too.... not always inexpensive, but their stuff isn't "cheap."

The NRA Store also stocks concealed carry items from jackets, vests, shirts, and purses that are reasonably priced, but not the selection at Galco. A lot of their clothing line for concealed carry is 5-11.

Hope this helps.;)

P.S. They are an NRA supporter as well. I forgot that I got my day planner through the NRA store.

Press Release from Galco back in 2007:
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  19. Cherry Darling

hmm....maybe im not explaining what im after well enough :confused:
    we do have a concealment purse (and several other options) from coronado leather (yeah, we carry holsters from other companies such as galco,but as far as purses,fanny packs and jackets go ,we are primarily coronado leather)
    after we (the other instuctor and i)explain about who makes the purse, how it works etc, we usually have women ask what known designers we can compare it to as far as quality and price. we tell them what the price range is then tell them, its on a par with someone like coach leather as far as quality and price. what i am looking for is a designer company that people would know that is either indifferent or pro as far as people's rights to carry or own a gun. we never make mention that coach is anti gun (actually, we have had a surprising number of students point it out to us)Personally, i would rather just find a designer that as i said is indifferent or pro to make the comparrison to.
    @308 at my gate:thanks :) i will look into it.

@everyone: again, i really appreciate your help :D
  20. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Galco and Coronado Leather.