Pro Gun MP charged with incorrect storage

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Aug 9, 2011.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/latest/10003609/goward-husband-stores-rifle-wrong/

The husband of NSW MP Pru Goward is being investigated by police for incorrectly storing a rifle on the family farm, the Family and Community Services Minister has revealed.

In a statement to the NSW parliament, Ms Goward said police had inspected the couple's farm in Yass, near Canberra, and found her husband David Barnett had stored a loaded rifle and ammunition in the same gun safe.

Gun owners are required to store unloaded weapons in locked gun safes, and in a separate safe to live ammunition.

"Local police carried out an inspection of our family farm at Yass with my husband David Barnett," Ms Goward told the state's lower house on Tuesday.

"My husband has a firearms licence with registered firearms.

"Although locked, his gun safe contained a loaded rifle and also housed live ammunition."

Ms Goward said her husband was now "cooperating fully with police".

"I don't intend to comment further on this matter," she said.
  2. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Crikey!!:eek: A loaded gun near bullets! What is this world coming to.
    Sure got some absurd laws down under. I got at least 30 guns and rifles in my safe and ALL are loaded (I got enough hammers) and there is ammo on every shelf.
    Hows come the police can just come in and do an inspection? Try that sh** here and see what happens.

I fear that its coming though.:mad:
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Talk about a big pile of smelly stuff, this story is complete BS.

Those laws need to be repealed and replaced with just the basics of Natural Rights.

Liberals anyways. :bleh:
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

thats what we are working on but the anti gunners are now targets high profile folks to bust again , i think we been winning too many for them to like , so they are showing they can bust anyone

welcome to gun control