The Firearms Forum banner

Problem with CZ 455 Lux

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  bamajoey 
#1 ·
I've had my 455 Lux for 16 months and have not been able to shoot it much - maybe 200 rounds. Went to the range week before last and shot maybe 25 rounds when the gun quit ejecting the cases. It would eject about 1 of every 10 or 15 shots. The rest of the time I had to drop the magazine to get the fired brass out.

I called CZ and they sent me a new extractor, holder, and spring. After installing them the gun shows no improvement it still will not eject.

The gun is still under warranty, but I would rather not send it back if there is something I can do to fix the problem. Anybody have any ideas on what I can try?

#2 ·
What is it actually doing?

Does it extract OK but does not eject the empty from the gun?

If so then it may be the ejector. In this gun, if it is like my CZ 452, the ejector is part of the magazine. One magazine lip extends up enough to act as a ejector. It is backed up in the gun by a tit on the metal Magazine Housing. The standard magazines are plastic and I suspect the "ejector lip" might be broken off or got damaged so it no longer works as an ejector.

Try a different magazine or just inspect the magazine to see that the "ejector lip" is still there and functional.

That's the best guess I have without having the gun in hand.

LDBennett

#3 ·
It turns out I'm not the only one that has had that problem and I found a fix on another web site. I filed the tip of the holder down just a little and that fixed the problem. It ejected 20 times out of 20 tries just like it should. Here's a link to the post with the fix if you are interested: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=567160

Edit: it's amazing what one can find on google.

#4 ·
It's amazing how much knowledge you can find about CZ's on RFC, CZ/Brno:)

#5 ·
Just a short follow up - I took the CZ to the range today for the first time since filing down the holder a few thousands. Fired just over 100 rounds and everyone of them ejected like they should. Amazing how such a small change could make such a big difference.

#6 ·
When you get that CZ running the way it should, you are gonna love it. With a little work on the trigger you can get it down to a few ounces if you desire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.