Problem with Meprolight Night Sights

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 23, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

KimberRuger
    (7/11/01 12:36:12 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Night Sight Nightmare
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read this and advise members of your clubs and any one you know who owns a gun with Meprolight sights of this concern.

In February, 2001 I purchased a Kimber Compact Carry .45 (not a CDP) and had Kimber install a set of Meprolight Night sights on it. Since then, I have had 7 front sights go out. Seriously, the seventh sight is on the gun now, and it's as dark as the bottom of a well.

Every 50 - 100 rounds the "vial" containing the tritium gas allows the gas to escape, leaving the sight dark.

I have been contacted by several individuals who have had the same problem (just not as often, I shoot a little more than some) - some even have the brand new "Eclipse" models ! Those who have had the problem and sent the slide
    in have been told the same thing - "Yours is the only one".

Please inform your membership, and if anyone has Meprolight night sights that are less than a year old, have them check the front sight.

If anyone has this problem, or if anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me at KimberRuger@aol.com.

If you'd like to see a fully detailed description of the frustration I've gone through, go to my Night Sight Nightmare page.

Seriously, please ask your fellow members to check their sights.

Respectfully,

Patrick