Problem with ramrod being to SHORT on CVA Optima rifle

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by wpshooter, Oct 12, 2012.

1. 01brian

01brian New Member

This is the CVA Wolf's Ramrod. I went onto cabella's website and it looks like the optima is the same ramrod. So have you tried unscrewing it? Or is it still too short after its been unscrewed?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  2. Shootinblanks

Shootinblanks New Member

I'm with Mogunner, never met a BP shooter that tamped the charge before stuffing the ball down. Seems like some powder would stick to the end of the ramrod since mine seems to always have a bit of lube stuck on it. Oh well, different strokes for different folks...

Keep shootin'

SB