Problem with Wolf Primers?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by hero0526, Dec 1, 2009.

1. hero0526

hero0526 New Member

Wondering if I can get some feedback or experience others have had with wolf primers? I had never used them before and just loaded 100 rounds of .45 ACP using Wolf large pistol primers as that was all my gun shop had at the time I purchased them. Upon test firing 14 rounds I had 3 that did not go off. On inspecting the primer it almost seems like the firing pin is sliding on the primer. I am firing these from a Glock 30 and have no problems with factory rounds. I am thinking perhaps the wolf primers are to hard for this pistol, or they are just poor quality primers. Any thoughts?
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

you answered your own question they are both hard and of poor quality
  3. hero0526

hero0526 New Member

Oscar, I take it you have seen the same issues then?
  4. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

Wolf makes crappy products. I noticed they're regular ammo is not all that different from surplus.
  5. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

yes i've seen the same issues and have heard many people bitch about the same thing. i will say this i've shot up alot of 7.62x39 wolf and never had a problem but beyond that i wouldn't walk across the street to buy wolf ammo or primers or cases if it was marked 1/2 price......
  6. RandyP

RandyP Member

I have reloaded several thousand .380, 9mm and 45ACP with Wolf primers. They all have simply gone 'bang'. Same for Wolf factory ammo. I don't feel that I am an exception.

Just bought several thousand more SP and LP Wolf. Considering the shortage of components, especially primers, it's a tough time to get very picky on 'brand'.
  7. DanH

DanH New Member

This is kind of off base a little, I haven't any experience using them for my hand gun, I have however used them in my 6ppc and 30br target rifles without any problems. They do seat a bit harder due to a slightly larger diameter, I have found them to be cleaner burning than the Federal 205M primers that I have used, never had a misfire. Also you can usually find them when you need them and not have to pawn your first born to pay for them.:eek:

Dan
  8. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

just like the people that have had bad experiences with a jennings jet-fire 22 auto i had great luck with mine but that doesn't mean they all are good. the overall opimion is they like wolf they are junk. beside why support a commie industry
  9. justdoit

justdoit New Member

i have used wolf primers for a long time with no problems at all. they seem to be like the winchester primers i use also, and the wolf 22 match grade ammo shoots through the same hole at 100yds. never had a problem with it.
  10. CJ7365

CJ7365 Member

I had the same problems with PMC SP primers which are made is Russia as well.

I wish the hoarding of primers would end so that I can buy American Primers