1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

problems with colt compact

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by camaro9588, Mar 7, 2012.

1. camaro9588

camaro9588 New Member

I'm new to internet forums. I've got a colt m1991a1 compact that I picked up used. It doesn't want to extract the empty case out of the chamber. I put a wilson combat extracter in it and it didn't make a difference all the gun smiths in my area are backed up six months to one year. Really don't want to leave the gun for that long any help would be great. ammo I am shooting is either remington golden sabers or remington,american eagle 230 grain fmj ammo.
  2. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

Have you checked the chamber for burrs/bulges? Any marks on the extracted cases?
  3. camaro9588

camaro9588 New Member

nothing of that nature. cases don't show anything weird. I have heard that with a proper extractor it should be able to hold an empty case in the slide. mine doesn't really do that.
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

You need to either adjust the extractor engagment or extractor tension. Extractor tension can not be properly adjusted w/o proper engagment. I know there are some online sorces to explain how to do that. Its easier than typing out an entire explination on how to do that especially since they have some good photos to go along with it,:D
  5. Goody

Goody Member

6. camaro9588

camaro9588 New Member

thanks everyone I will have to check the extractor!