problems With Missing Tools

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rocketman1, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I like this guy! :D

And hey... You ever wake up with a hankering for some sausage and eggs, but the sausage is froze solid? Some kinds you can manage to slice anyway, but other kinds are better off by tapping a cheap knife through it with a hammer. :D
  2. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i use a cleaver for that...
  3. soundguy

we had a mechanic that painted his tools red to make sure they made it back to the correct tool box at night.. :)
  4. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

my brother in law lost half of my tools out over the past 4 years and burned up one of my chainsaws. I now keep everything in my locked welding/farm shop all bought back brand new. No more of that.
  5. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

I'll go you one better. My wife and a friend hatched a plan to make and sell some rather unique plant "vases" a few years back. They rented a hammer drill and a coring bit and drilled wide holes partway into large river rocks. Of course the core bit left the core in place, attached at its base. It had to be busted out, and the bottom of the hole evened up. So what do you think they used? A couple of my wood chisels. Not even the cold chisels one drawer up in the tool chest. Wood chisels. Most of the rocks were granite. I don't have to tell you what those blades looked like. Shortly thereafter I had a nice new complete set of wood chisels lined up in the drawer. Much nicer than the motley collection I had before "the wood chisel incident." Thanks hon!
  6. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

:banghead::banghead::banghead::eek:hmygosh:
  7. 76Highboy

Want to know a secret. Looked up on the wall today and my carpenter hand saw is missing. I haven't touched that thing for about two+ years. It will be interesting to see when it walks back on it's own.

I know, my dog Jake used it to remodel his dog house. He's a smart bachelor.
  8. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    #1 boy child loans my bone saw and my favorite claw hammer to the neighbor kids who wanted to cut some stainless steel straps off his motorcycle. I find this out when the kid returns it to me complaining the blade was no good!!!! The hacksaw was on the pegboard in plain sight, they had to get into my hunting box to get the bone saw. The hammer they didn't tell me about and I was puzzled all winter but I found it the next spring in the grass next to the garage, It had been under a snow bank for 3 months and my beautiful redwood handle was mush. 20 years and I lost it because nobody puts things away. I guess if you don't work with tools they don't mean anything to you. Man woman or child they just see them as a disposable item and wonder why we get cranky when they disappear or get damaged needlessly.
  9. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Yes, same with kids, I got her one of those el cheapo plastic tool box sets, added other needed tools to it and stuffed it tight with rags (noise proof!) and she keeps it in her trunk. Plus a plastic chest in the garage for her...and any other bummers and filled it with the el cheapo basics.

I keep my very best favorite tools in a drawer in my desk protected my me and my big .38 special. ;)
  10. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

thats the truth.;)
  11. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Nope, never have them go missin'.....
    I don't lose them, and no one else does......
    always exactly where they belong...when I need them.
    Maybe, when I get old, and can't shoot as well as now,
    I may have some misplaced......or if I lighten up
    and not be such a hard-ass......maybe then....
    but until then......watch out and don't go near........
  12. soundguy

yep.. bought my wifer her own tool box too.

and she has her own 38spl so she don't need mine.. ;)
  13. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

I bet you he has your saw hanging on the wall in his freshly remodled dog house.
  14. 76Highboy

:D