Prof. Jim Hauff

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by TRAP55, Apr 30, 2012.

1. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

Jim, I need your expertise on this one.
    Belongs to a friend that just inherited it when his dad passed away. Wants it back in shooting condition. I haven't had "hands on" yet, but I know it needs a set of grips, and the hand spring is broken.
    Can you give me a DOM, version, source for wood grips (this is a round butt vs square right?), etc.? More pics if ya need em, Appreciate the help!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Trapp,
    You have 1st Model 3rd Variation Model 922, made between 1932 - '37. The serial number is very low in the estimated range - so, I'd guess that piece was made closer to 1932. The grip panels are not factory. The good news is that there was no known internal changes made to that model until circa 1938 when the RICE frame (taking the one piece grip) was introduced and the barrel was made round. Finding two piece grip panels may be a challenge if NUMRICH/GPC doesn't have any. Maybe someone else can suggest a source. The internal parts you need should be in stock - again - these will be for the "old" style 922 and most likely will need some hand fitting. Hope this helps and GOOD LUCK!
  3. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

Thank you Sir!
    Would any of these grips be correct?
  4. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Here's what you're looking for:

IMG_1237_3.jpg

IMG_1241_2.jpg
    Last edited: May 3, 2012