Progress In Ohio ......

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by JohnHenry, Jun 19, 2011.

1. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

2. Hatch

Hatch Former Guest

it's such a slippery slope... I can almost understand the liberal argument of "are you nuts? guns in bars?"

Yeah people act irresponsible after consuming alcohol. Some more than others. So would someone pull a weapon in a bar fight/confrontation? Sure, but are they really pulling the gun because "now" it's legal for them to have it there, or are they pulling it regardless? and even if they do pull their weapon are they justified?

This debate always reminds me of the lady who was a world class pistol competitor and she was following the letter of the law at Luby's in Texas, and was not carrying, it was outside in her vehicle, and then that psycho drove his truck into the windows and jumped out and started shooting people at random... a woman like that could have saved a lot of people if she were armed legally, instead she was disarmed and her parents and a lot of other good people were slaughtered by a maniac.

I remember when AZ went shall issue on CCW permits, and the newspapers and the liberal left was painting this horror story of gunfights at the OK Corral and High Noon outside the local QuickEMart over a parking spot or whatever... did ANY of that actually happen? NO. Not one single bit.

Crime went down though!
  3. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

In OH just like here in NC it is illegal to carry concealed and to drink. For the law abiding citizen this will not affect them at all. Everyone focuses on bars but the main intent is restaurants like Applebee's that serve food as well as have a bar area. Besides, I have had some really great food in a bar.
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Ohio law may soon allow CCW in bars, but not in Churches, or schools. Think about that for a second. IMHO, if this law passes we will not see a rise in shootings in bars. Shootings in bars are common place, but not by legal CCW pepole. Why would shootings rise because of this law? They won't. The gun grabers want the public to think that this will happen so they can have their way. Will there ever be a case of a legally licensed person shooting someone in a bar fight, I'm sure it will happen sooner, or later. But that does not mean that the rest of us should have to leave our chosen method of SD at home, or in the car. The people that I know who are legal CCW holders are a responsible lot, and most won't even go near a bar because we all know that this is just one of the places that you go to find more trouble than we want to deal with. But what about the traveling man who has meet a client, partner, or anyone else that he might be dealing with, in the bar of a fancy Hotel? Doesn't he still have the right to defend himself?
  5. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

I challenge anyone on this board, or otherwise, to find a increase in gun crimes by legal CCW holders after a "guns in bars" law was passed. You can't, because the data does not exist. There are over a dozen states that allow this, and not a single spike in crime. It's called a "slippery slope FALLACY" for that very reason; it's a FALLACY. Don't fall for it or buy into it.
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Yup!
  7. Hatch

Hatch Former Guest

I agree with Rentalguy1, I dont think the facts will support the argument, but that doesnt stop the liberals from using every possible angle to attack the rights of those they despise (namely... us)

I think my biggest concerns begin when they start using numbers and statistics. Think of the recent scandals that are part of the liberal religion...

all the guns in mexican drug crime murders are from the US!
    Truth: They submit the serial number of any guns they recover, regardless of if it was used or not, and we check it for our records, but that doesnt mean it was illegal or used by the cartels! So an M16 produced in europe under license and exported as a military sale to the govt of mexico is now labeled a US supplied gun, simply because the Mexicans said "we found this gun at the crime scene, please check the s/n"

***this is how it works, and I'm not even going to dive into the corruption and incompetence at the highest levels of this administration with Fast & Furious and Gunwalker

Anytime an officer encounters a LEGAL citizen carrying arms those checks of s/n are aggregated as weapons, not illegal, but thats how the numbers are portrayed by the left when they start citing statistics.

Remember the global warming statistics... carbon monoxide and ozone depletion, and they planted the monitoring devices at the end of major international airport runways and right next to power plants, etc etc... Yeah... okay.

I know they are emotional beings and talk themselves into any number of completely false rationalizations, that's going to happen.... BUT... Anytime the left wants to use numbers I start wanting to fact check them and find out where the numbers came from immediately. They love to slant things instead of give a true picture of what the data represents.
  8. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if this had passed or not, and I'm glad it did. Thanks for posting.

So if Gov. Kasich signs off on this, it will be legal to carry concealed in bars, but it will still be illegal to smoke in a bar in Ohio. I'm sure there will be a few bar owners that will opt out and post signs saying no guns allowed. It seems to me, if this becomes law, then the bar owners should be able to decide for themselves if they want to allow smoking in their bar.