Project 'kidmini14'

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by JLA, Sep 14, 2011.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Here ya go charles, just took a pic for comparison, you might find the one on top rather familiar ;)

Attached Files:

3. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Ha! Yep, it looks very familiar. I like yours better.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  4. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Josh, that pink really stands out like a diamond in a turd. It takes the focus away from the rifle. I was sitting here looking at that photo and it dawned on me what would make the sling blend more with the rifle.....Pink windage/elevation caps on the scope. If you were to put a coat of white paint on those caps, and then put a top coat of bright pink nail polish on the white, I think
    you could match that bright pink color in the sling. Caps can be easily replaced, or repainted black, if you ever go back to a neutral color sling.

....Just something to consider.
  5. Albtraum

Albtraum Active Member

Maybe not a great idea, but have you considered slimming down the foregrip? Making it a tighter radius might fit your wife's/kids' hands a little better for shooting off hand, and depending on how much you shave off, you could shed a tiny bit of weight. I thought about this because my girlfriend likes the Marlin 60's small, slim fore end which is comfy for me too.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Not an option for the mini14 Alb. they are already pushing too thin at the fore-end as it is. inside the stock in the fore-end there is a stainless steel cradle that guides the op-rod for the gas system. Its already too thin to consider even mounting a swivel stud. Shaving it IMO isnt a good idea. The kids and wife seem to do OK with it. The girth of the forestock isnt much of an issue for them and actually helps steady the rifle at the bench when they have it rested on sandbags..
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

The wife likes the idea. But she said the sling is enough, she will keep her diamond studded turd as it is..;)
  8. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

The more I see the rifle the better I like it. Now that I have seen the comparison with the full mini-14, I really really like the kidmini!!