Promag Pistol Mags

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Frankb, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Frankb

Frankb Member

Are Promag pistol mags good? I found some for my Sig P228 for $9.99 new, but i don't know if they feed ok. Has anyone here ever used them?
  2. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I think they suk. My Sig P220 sure does not like them. My Desert Eagle HATES them. Constant issues with feeding. I bought 4 for each gun. Live and learn.:( I use Wilson Combat for my 1911's. I dont know if they make them for other guns. Save the $10.00 bucks and put it towards good mags.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  3. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I won four at a match, used one, decided they were junk and threw them all away.
  4. wpage

wpage Active Member

You get what you pay for...
  5. rjhauser

rjhauser New Member

have 2 for the sig 225/p6, the only thing they do not do is lock open after the last round

had one for the beretta m9, had to send it back to beretta to get the mag extracted. it would NOt come out....

never buy a promag again unless there are NO other options available, like the p6
  6. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Heads up....

Please don't mistake 'Promags' for Magpuls 'Pmags'.:eek:
  7. Will Plugum

Will Plugum New Member

I think it's hit or miss depending on the pistol the mag is made for. I replaced my malfunctioning Bersa 380 acp Thunder factory mag with a Pro-mag clip (BRA002) and it's functioned flawlessly so far, about 100 Rnds. It didn't want to seat all the way in the mag well when I first got it but the reviews I read said force in and out a few times. Sure enough, after doing that it worked just like it should.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  8. dogngun

dogngun New Member

I bought several years ago, and threw them away. I saved a few bucks when I bought them, and lost it all when I threw them out.
    Try Triple K or Numrich.

I use MecGars for my 1911 Compact and USGI/Colt mags for my 1911 full size pistols.

mark
  9. EL TORO

EL TORO New Member

You can still buy FACTORY FRESH mags for the P6/P225 from Sig, or have your dealer order them for you...However, they are NOT CHEAP....