Proposed Law to eliminate Ohio CCW Permit

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Rocketman1, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

State Rep. John Adams has introduced legislation that would make it easier to carry a concealed weapon in Ohio. There would be no permit, paper work or training required to carry concealed. It would allow anyone to carry concealed as long as they were permitted to purchase a gun.

Many people are not aware that it is legal now to open carry in Ohio. So in a way the legislation makes since. If you do not have to have training to open carry, than why should you have to have training to carry concealed?

Our laws are so messed up, maybe they should just wipe them out and start over from scratch.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/jun/14/new-bill-would-allow-concealed-carry-daycare-cente-ar-539869/
  2. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Wisconsin has no permit to open carry, and it is currently illegal to concealed carry. But the Assembly will be voting next week to legalize concealed carry in WI. The law wouldn't go into effect until next year.

But they're making it by permit. So my Utah permit will count as my training.

I, too, find it silly that you suddenly need a permit when it's covered up.
  3. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

It's also a violation of the constitution to require training or permits either one. But hell, why let a little thing like the constitution get in the way.