Pros and Cons of CCW?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Rastminikov, Oct 11, 2010.

1. zeenman1

zeenman1 New Member

Bigger is better, just work around it. I made the mistake and went with a sub compact size pistol. Would rather have the longer barrel and accuracy when I need it most.
  2. LonglineCharlie

LonglineCharlie New Member

I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHOOT A FRIENDS TWO GLOCK 40'S. THE COMBAT VERSION SUCKED IN MY OPINION BUT THE FULL SIZE WAS GREAT. I HAVE A WONDERFUL SHOOTING 1911 COLT SERIES 70 WITH A WIDE BEAVERTAIL AND A FLAT MAINSPRING HOUSING. I DID GO WITH THE FINE CHECKERING AND I THINK I WILL BUY THE COURSE CHECKERING. I WANT TO FIND THE STIPPLING PIECE THAT IS THIN METAL THAT WRAPS AROUND THE HANDLE AND UNDER THE GRIPS BUT I HAVE NO LOCATED ONE YET. WITH RELOADS IT IS EXTREMELY ACCURATE. SOMEONE DID A TRULY GREAT ACURIZING JOB ON IT BEFORE I BOUGHT IT FOR $250 IN 1992 OFF OF A FRIEND OF MINE. I HAD A CLARK 45 THAT WAS WONDERFUL TO BUT IT DID NOT SHOOT ANY BETTER THAN THIS ONE. MINE HAS BOMAR TARGET SIGHTS ON IT BUT NOT GOOD FOR CARRY. BUY A SET OF KIMBER CONCEALED CARRY SIGHTS. MUCH BETTER FOR NOT SNAGGING ON CLOTHING OR HOLSTER FOR RAPID DRAWING.
    MY OPINION, THE FULL SIZE GLOCK 40 WAS MORE CONCEALABLE THAN MY FULL SIZE 1911 AND THE 40 IS ALMOST AS GOOD AS THE 45. IT WAS MADE FOR FEMALE FBI PERSONNEL WHO COULD NOT HANDLE THE 45. WIMPS.