Pros and Cons of Taurus PT92

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by TommyC955, Nov 21, 2006.

1. TommyC955

TommyC955 New Member

Hey guys Im just curious I was thinking about purchasing a Taurus PT92 I was wanting to know somethings about it like accuracy, dependable,etc. anything I can get would be appreciated thanks guys.. btw I was just thinking it might would be a good pistol for me to start out with going to the range.
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

They are good guns you will be getting a Beretta with out the price of the name. They are good guns I have never had problems with them. Always been decent shooters
  3. I've had very good luck with the Taurus pistols and revolvers, especially the revolvers, Tom. In my opinion, the finish and detail on the Taurus firearms is not quite to the standard of S&W or Beretta, but functionally, they perform reliably and well, and they are considerably less expensive.
  4. LDBennett

LDBennett Active Member

Had one I shot for years and then gave it to my son. They are accurate and reliable and havea fit that matches the Beretta. If you lay them side by side with a Beretta the design is the same but each is finished differently. The Taurus finish is not bad or anything like that but just done differently. For the money the Taurus is the way to go.

LDBennett
  5. shooter

shooter New Member

that was my first gun..its was chambered in 40SW....it jammed a few times with me..but i shoot the cheap stuff at the range, wolf mostly pmc if i cant find wolf. it was a good gun i didnt keep it long enough to really put a lot of rounds down range with it. but if you have kids and you like a lot of saftey features the taurus has definately got that covered in spades. the lock up on handle was esp nice and would save money on having to buy a safe of some kind

i got it from a police dist. they said that the officer who had it could not find a duty holster to fit it since a lot of the departs at the time had berettas, i believe the taurus has a slightly wider slide than the berettas so the guy traded it for a glock. i dont know if this is true or not so dont quote me.

i actually wouldnt mind having another but this time id get a 9mm
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  6. Ursus

Ursus New Member

I'll go along with Gen. Lee's foremost fan. (I agree with him on Lee, by the way). Taurus pistols are accurate and reliable. Finish coul'd have been better.
  7. stash247

stash247 New Member

If your hands are big enough, they are fine weapons, with none of the heat treat failures of the Beretta. Early pistols, my preference, with the heel clip mag release, and the safety on the frame, not the slide.
    Shot three years of Sunday leagues, about 90,000 rounds, with a single pistol, no problems.
    I find that really reassuring, out of a 'low end' pistol; the fact that they carry a 'lifetime warranty', speaks well of the company, and their faith in their product!
    Prefer the sights of the PT 91, however.
  8. VegasTech702

VegasTech702 New Member

I just shot one today. My cousin's husband had one when we went out. I was alright. I didn't like that the safety is on a decocker. It didn't seem quite as accurate as my Beretta 92FS. I did like the rail that you can mount a flashlight or laser.
  9. TommyC955

TommyC955 New Member

hey guys thank you for the information it has been really helpful