Proud to be White

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by BlackEagle, Jun 12, 2012.

1. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Got this in an email today...

Proud to be White!

I have been wondering about why Whites are racists, and no other race is......

Proud to be White
    Michael Richards makes his point...
    Michael Richards better known as Kramer
    from TVs Seinfeld does make a good point.

This was his defense speech in court
    after making racial comments in his comedy act.
    He makes some very interesting points...

Someone finally said it.
    How many are actually paying attention to this?
    There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans,
    Arab Americans, etc.
    And then there are just Americans..

You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction.
    You call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman'...
    And that's OK...

But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head, Sand-nigger,
    Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink ..
    You call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you....
    So why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund.
    You have Martin Luther King Day.
    You have Black History Month.
    You have Cesar Chavez Day.
    You have Yom Hashoah.
    You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.
    You have the NAACP.
    You have BET....

If we had WET
    (White Entertainment Television),
    we'd be racists.

If we had a White Pride Day,
    you would call us racists.

If we had White History Month,
    we'd be racists.

If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance'
    OUR lives, we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce,
    and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.
    Wonder who pays for that??

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant,
    but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships...
    You know we'd be racists.

There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US ..
    Yet if there were 'White colleges',
    that would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March,
    you believed that you were marching for your race and rights.
    If we marched for our race and rights,
    you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange,
    and you're not afraid to announce it.
    But when we announce our white pride,
    you call us racists.

You rob us, car jack us, and shoot at us.
    But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member
    or beats up a black drug dealer running from the law
    and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud......
    But you call me a racist.
    Why is it that only whites can be racists??

There is nothing improper about this e-mail..
    Let's see which of you are proud enough to send it on.
    I sadly don't think many will.

That's why we have LOST most of OUR RIGHTS in this country.
    We won't stand up for ourselves!

BE PROUD
    TO BE WHITE!

It's not a crime YET....
    But getting very close!

It is estimated that ONLY 5%
    of those reaching this point in this e-mail,
    will pass it on.
    I DID!!
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

First, that didn't happen.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/proudwhite.asp

And second, and actually more important - why would anyone be PROUD to be white?

That's been puzzling me for years.

Now, many people say that you have to be one or the other. You have to be PROUD or you have to be ASHAMED. That's bull.

If I discovered a cure of cancer, I would be proud of that. If I ran out into traffic and prevented a puppy from getting hit by a car, I'd be proud of that. If I stopped a little kid from being electrocuted by sticking a penny in a light socket, I'd be proud of that.

Why? Because I DID SOMETHING. But being white? I did nothing to be white. Happened because my mama and my daddy were white. I had nothing to do with it. Why should I be proud?

That's like "proud to be 6 feet tall", or "proud to have blue eyes" or maybe "proud to have ten fingers and ten toes". Now, "I work repairing lawnmower engines, and I STILL have ten fingers". That's maybe something to be proud of.

I can see being ashamed to be white. When the Nazis or the Klan gets up and starts spouting their BS, that might make me ashamed for the whole white race, because someone might think that we are ALL like those ...

So, I don't get it. "I'm proud to be white", "I'm proud to be black", "I'm proud to be latino", "I'm proud to be asian", "I'm proud to be gay", "I'm proud to be lesbian", "I'm proud to be trans-gender", "I'm proud to be a transvestite", "I'm proud to be Democrat", "I'm proud to be Republican", "I'm proud to be Libertarian", "I'm proud to be Independent". ****.

Just be.
  3. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Dang. Never thought to check snopes about that. Oh well, I thought it was good at the time.:eek:

It kind of fits in with proud to be American. Too many people put down the country they live in--their own country--US, UK, or whatever. We've had too much of 0's apologies for America. I don't appreciate obnoxious, arrogant Americans (I've seen a few and been embarrassed) but I do appreciate those who are unashamedly who they are, the way they are.
  4. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Active Member

At my age, I'm proud to be alive! Like everything else in life, pride is something that has to be earned. Many times, in recorded history, I have not been proud of being white, but I have always been proud of the fact that I never took a day's pay without doing a day's work. That I've never spent more than I could afford to pay and that I have never intentionally harmed anyone. I give thanks to God when I wake up in the morning and I thank him at night for letting me enjoy his bounty for another day.
  5. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

I don't owe any special consideration to any other race or even my own. Be true to thyself.
  6. lawdawg

lawdawg Member

I think the pride thing is a reaction when people try to make us feel ashamed of being whatever we are. I was not alive during the slavery years, and very young and therefore did not participate in either side, during the civil rights era; yet because I am Southern, I'm supposed to carry some sort of shame or guilt, or so I've been told. I don't. I'm also not ashamed of my Southern heritage, and in fact, feel some sense of "pride" in that. Even though I'm stereotyped as backward, ignorant, racist by default, toothless, incestual, and all the other stigmas associated with being born south of the Mason-Dixon Line. I'm also not ashamed of being caucasian, although I suspect that is not the only race floating in my DNA.

I do, however, feel there is a double standard when it comes to racial matters. The examples listed in the e-mail are indicative of this. Inequality will always exist as long as we continue to treat any race unequal, even the white one. Until we can all sit down as equals, without fear of being labeled as "racist" or whatever the latest buzzword of the day is, by liberalistic political correctness, then racial tensions will continue to fester and grow.

-
  7. al45lc

al45lc New Member

Ashamed to be White because of the Nazi's or the KKKK?
    How are they different than the various tribes of ANY race that wage war for the sake of war? Blacks have always killed Blacks, and Whites have killed Whites, Native Americans killing Native Americans, and so on.
    Is a man more or less insulted if you kill him for his Race as opposed to land, or money or any other reason?
    Racists?! Racists are those who see and USE Race for their own agenda and profit.
    Outside of that, it is the GOD given and Constitutionally protected right in THIS Nation to be whatever you wish, so long as that does NOT interfere with anothers Rights, including and especially being a Racist.
    My biggest bigotry is laziness in others at my expense. I cannot stand those who are capable of but refuse to make their own way in this world.
  8. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Good email Blackeagle he makes a great point.I never did get the african america thing.Like I said before Ask an african american on the street to name 5 countries in africa and they cant.Just like I dont call myself scottish american we are all americans,some are white some are black,mexican,chinese and Japanese.I dont get it
  9. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Alpo, leaving politics aside, how many of the above 'prouders' get there airtime and flaunt it? How many are verboten?

BlackEagle may have been duped in his post, but the words are none the less true.

Seems the only ones truly fed up with racism is the white folks and the Asians. Hell, we dropped two nukes on Japan and they don't whine about it. :mad:
  10. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

:yeahthat:
  11. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

I have an Indian Village within 4 miles of my place. Good bunch, I hunt and socialize with them all the time, more than I do with the Whites of my community. OH Ya, two separate communities as far as housing, the Indians like it that way, so do the Whites. So anyway, last summer was a wedding in village. One Indian girl that had moved to Fairbanks was planning on bringing her black boy friend until other Indian Village member said the blk guy wasn't allowed in the village, even to visit. 20 years back, another Indian girl was murdered by her blk boy friend in Fairbanks. Her relatives made sure no blacks were coming to any wedding in the village and the blk guy never showed up. Imagine if Whites did such a thing?
  12. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

its not about race, its about cultural values...

i am proud to associate myself with the cultural values that made this country great:

-devotion to God
    -work ethic
    -individual responsibility
    -family values
    -concern for my neighbor
  13. cutter

cutter New Member

its not about race, its about cultural values...

i am proud to associate myself with the cultural values that made this country great:

-devotion to God
    -work ethic
    -individual responsibility
    -family values
    -concern for my neighbor

:yeahthat: