Prove to me that I'm not alread dead, in hell, and reliving my life over and over....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Mar 19, 2004.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I've hit many preachers with this question over the last couple of years......and not one of them had an answer to the question...heck some did'nt even try...the local Mormons tried the hardest but still could'nt refute my theory...

I read in the bible, and I can't remember the Chapter and verse, i sure wish i could....but it stated that "what is to come, already is..."

I know its in there....I read it!!

The bible also spoke of how a person would be before the judgement throne and would remember their life with crystal clarity.....which does not prove that once a person was in hell that he would have as clear of a mind as they did before the throne....

Like the title of this thread states, can anyone prove that I'm not already dead, in hell, and reliving my life over and over as a punishment?

Just because the words of the Bible can still be read in book form, does not mean that the promise of salvation is still available.....

Anyone want to take a crack at this one?

mike
  2. Greg

Greg New Member

When you dream, and think you are a butterfly, and when you are awake and you think you are a man, are you a butterfly dreaming that you are a man-or whatever?

A tuffy, but this one is up to you Glocknut, and your own personal journey. Do you have the capacity to love, and to receive love? Do you love yourself? Do you have fundamental truths and values that you believe in, and live by?

Wherever you are actually at now (or think you are), you make your own heaven or hell until you reach enlightenment. Sound crazy?
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2004
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

If I am in Hell...i hope i never reach......."enlightenment"

It bothers me that my theory cannot be disproved...

mike
  4. Greg

Greg New Member

O.K. How about this...

Since you are mentioning Heaven and Hell, and the Bible, I will work with the assumption that you are Christian. If you are, then you believe that God made you in his image. This being true, then a part of God is in you. If a part of God is in you, then a promise was made to you that salvation exists for you if you truly accept and believe that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior. If you have, then you would not be in hell.

If my assumption is incorrect(about being Christian), then your proof you are asking for will not be proven within the realm of science within our world of reality. It is spiritual. It has to reside within faith. You have to look for the answer in the right place. If you are not a spiritual person, then the question you ask is not any different than asking to prove that God exists. You probably aren't going to find that one on the Forum, let alone anywhere. I guess in this case, unless you get a personal visit, you can keep searching. However, if you are an athiast or an agnostic, you wouldn't be worried about being in hell, since it wouldn't exist, and no judgement would have been made.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2004
  5. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

Jesus Christ is our lord and saviour. Self sacrifice is the ultimate love and therefore the ultimate truth. Hell is a state of existence which is separation from God and is a conscious choice due to the fact that we are given the precious gift of free will because God loves us and decided not to make us into puppets.
    The next time you are in any National Park, look at the majesty of the nature around you and appreciate His work. Look into the eyes of an infant and see his glory. Look at a nice Glock and see the mechanical wisdom he has given us. Appreciate His majesty in full, better yet, look at a human cell under an atomic microscope and tell me its a results of random selection and not a complex intelligent design. Better yet, think of how you felt when you first fell in love and tell me its a random firing of chemical reactions. God is real and so it hell. Hell is separation from God, I suggest togetherness with God is better than separation from him.
    On a more practical side, this will help you avoid an ulcer.
  6. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Do you remember the context of this quote? I've done a word search in several of the more common translations of the Bible and can't find it.
  7. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Well-Known Member

God knows all. He knows what is going to happen to us as the human race. Read Daniel and Revelations. God showed the future to Daniel and John and they wrote it down. Satan, The anti-Christ, and the high priest of Satan's congregation are all described there and what they will do..

God knows how it will end.
  8. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

I'm no expert but it seems to me that hell would be living forever, being immortal . . .but isn't that what heaven is, i think it'd be a pretty boring place after the first few hundred years . . .no beer up there i heard

but seriously what is there to do up there besides just hang out for ETERNITY ! could i make visits back to earth, other plants, galaxies, dimensions?
  9. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

interesting.......

whatever you believe, it takes faith!:) i have read the bible a good bit & i dont recall reading those words, the future is fortold in the bible tho. ya know, i believe that God speaks to us thru His word, so maybe that was more your interpretation of what you were reading?? :confused: i dunno! i do believe that whether we are in heaven or in hell, we'll remember our earthly life. in heaven, we'll remember those things done on earth, but we'll have God's perspective on it, remember there will be no sorrow or tears in heaven.:) in hell, i believe those there will have their total memory, but in addition to that, they'll see their wickedness & all of their opportunities to accept Christ.
    the bible says that we're all appointed a time to die & face a judgement. not all of the judgements will be the same! christians will be in one judgement, those that are not saved will be in another. it is my belief that christians will be judged on missed opportunities, chances they had to witness & didnt. (bc their salvation has already been determined) those not saved will be judged for their sins & cast into the lake of fire.
    after death of the natural body, those that are saved will have an incorruptable body. so, if you're getting sick & you're a christian, you arent in heaven yet!:D if you arent a christian & you're in the presence of christians, you arent in hell yet.;) if you are a christian & you're having doubts ~ get back into that bible!! & of course surround yourself w/ like believers.:) i hope this makes sense, if not, sorry for rambling!:p
  10. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

alla yooze R missin da pernt. ast slick willie........he nose wot is is.........:cool:
  11. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

But aren't our experiences what make us who we are? and with out sadness how can one really know what happiness is? I believe that things do happen for a reason and after dealing with tragedy it makes you a stronger person for it, so that is not something i would want to lose but that is all i really have to say on the subject, just religion and faith are not to be argued just left to the individual person, just wanted to give my opinion
  12. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

jr ~ what i was meaning was bc we'll have God's perspective on things, there wont be any sorry.:) in other words, we'll be able to see the total picture & understand things better & we'll also know that God brought us out of those things.:)
  13. Boomatic

Boomatic New Member

The answer to this question is so simple...I can't believe I even have to say this!!!!!

If you were in Hell...

there would be no firearms!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!!
  14. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Way to go Boomer! Quite simple at that huh?

ROFLMAO........:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  15. 10X

10X Guest

how bout pinch yourself and see if it hurts? :D