PSL build help

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by warriflefan, Mar 13, 2012.

1. warriflefan

warriflefan Member

I am putting together a PSL rifle. I got the barrel approx. halfway pressed into the trunnion when it stopped moving, and the trunnion support tool started to bend. I have to get the barrel out so I can make sure the journals are correct all the way down the barrel hole in the trunnion.

Does anyone know how to press out the barrel without de-milling the trunnion?
  2. warriflefan

warriflefan Member

I found a tool for removing the barrel, what would be the best way to mate the barrel and trunnion. Should I machine out the trunnion or turn down the barrel?
  3. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

warriflefan, there's a small group on the CalGuns forums that have "build parties" building these from parts kits. They have run into about every problem possible and figured out a fix, they would be the guys to ask.
    I bought mine complete, added a Red Star adjustable trigger, Black jack recoil buffer, a rubber recoil pad, and a lit reticule 8x POSP scope with an adjustable focus. The trigger was the best investment! Doubling the scope power helps for old eyes too.
  4. warriflefan

warriflefan Member

I've got the tapco G2 to put in it because the G2 worked wonders in the ak74 I built. I did get a red star plate though, they are probably the best little investment for ak rifles I've found. I got an original LPS scope but the tritium is all spent, still works well during the day though, the sunshade and rubber eye piece give the scope a cool look.
  5. warriflefan

warriflefan Member

Thanks for the tip, I'll check out cal guns.
  6. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

I was told that, for the price, the Red Star trigger was overkill. I use the rifle on Rockchucks out in an alfalfa field, if 7.62x54 is overkill on chucks, the trigger suits me.:D
  7. warriflefan

warriflefan Member

So I had to cut the trunnion with an edge grider to get the barrel out. I got another trunnion which miked at .906. By barrel miked at .912. I used a brake cylinder hone, and in about 10 minutes, using chain oil for lube, I had it opened out to .911-.9115.