psyco scenario, what would you do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dbl tap, Feb 23, 2007.

1. dbl tap

dbl tap New Member

It seems every week we hear of a psycho waking up hating the world and going into a crowded place and open firing. The first I recall and most famous would be the Luby's cafeteria in Texas 1991.
    What would you do if you found yourself in a mall and some bg opens up with a large caliber semi auto pistol? For the sake of discussion you have an avenue of retreat. But, the bg is shooting freely at people. Personally, if I had a clear shot from cover, I would take the shot. If he returned direct fire, I would retreat. As I have three young kids and a wife. If I was a single guy I would shoot it out to save as many other people as possible.
    Another factor would be whether I had my Glock 19 or my 90% of the time carry weapon Kel-Tec 380. I can fire the Glock accurately from 3 times the range with twice the ammo capacity also.
    It's tough to say what I would do typing here at my computer. I might possibly be so POed that I bring all of my training to bear on the guy and try to take him out... Any thoughts? Dbl Tap
  2. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    No brag...just fact.......:D

Two days ago, Feb. 21st, was the 39th anniversary of being shot in the leg by an NVA soldier,

near Hue during the Tet offensive of 1968.

My point being, is that I've always felt I was living on "Borrowed time' ever since.

Without thinking twice, I would try to approach, preferably from the rear & un-noticed.

Draw my .380, (wishing like hell I had carried my 1911 that day.....:D )

Take a slow 2 handed aim, never uttering a word of warning, mind you...

And try to kill the sum-bitch stone dead....:mad:

But that's just the kind of swell fellar that I am.....:D :D
  3. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Al, you can be my backup anytime,my thoughts exactly on the outcome.I however have not had the experience of being shot.YET. Hope to pass on that experience. catfish
  4. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I think instinct takes over Dbl tap...Retreat will never be an option.

I visualize moving in as close as possible keeping my weapon trained on the coward as I move. In this situation I would want to be as close as possible to minimize the risk of a missed target. If I'm noticed then it will be time to squeeze off the shot without hesitation, but hopefully I can get close enough for a head shot...The .357 I carry would very likely exit any soft tissue shot and continue on to cause more victims in such a crowded invrionment.

I have been seriously considering the purchase of a lighter, more compact pistol in a .380 caliber...So like you I could likely find myself underpowered, but I would also worry (a little) less about over penetration and empty the clip center mass.

Crpdeth
  5. In that scenerio there is simply no question: shoot, and shoot to kill, if it is possible to get something close to a clear shot. Even increased risk to bystanders would, I feel, be justified since the perp is already shooting at innocent people. In such a situation the most likely weapon for me to have available would be either a Smith 637 in .38 special +P or a Glock 33 in .357 Sig.
  6. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    If I was carrying my 44.mag Model 29, I could run backerds a mite

turn and still take the dudes head off.

I love that damn gun,

accurate as hell and would be like gettin hit with a sewer lid going Mach 3......:eek: :eek:

Ole Dirty Harry weren't no fool......:D :D
  7. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I agree with you folks. I would have to try and take the BG out by whatever event presents itself.
  8. durk

durk Active Member

LMAO, I loved every bit of that!!:D
  9. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I am gonna empty my gun in him, What I am fixing to say is something I made my mind up to a long time ago. If a situation like that ever happened, I will go out fighting If I am gonna die in a situation like that I am gonna take the perp with me. I would rather die fighting than to risk that @#$@#$ shooting some innocent kids
    I know it sounds strange but that is something I made my mind up to a long time ago
  10. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

All BS aside. I don't think any male who considers himself a man could do less than attempt to terminate the perp :( .Should my family be there I would attempt to get them as far from the perp as I could then make sure that he/she could never harm anyone again. No mater what the means!!! One Life for ten, maybe more. Not a question of if,only how :eek: . I would hope if I was one of the first to die, someone would do justice for those that went with me.Now if it was your baby or wife in the mall??? Wouldn't you do the same??:eek: Well each and every one of those people have families or friends!!! Your call!!! catfish
  11. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

Melvin Simon and Associates wishes that you do not protect yourself or anyone else on their property. Them the guys that own all the shopping centers. They want you to leave your piece outside; in fact, off their property period. So, now you will understand my reponse below.

I will grab the mall manager and use them as a human shield to remove the unarmed and innocent from the line of fire. The thug will run out of ammo sooner or later. If I were armed; noone would be jealous of the third eye I would give him for free; I'd even write off the ammo as a donation on my taxes.
  12. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Given the scenario that you have set up, where the BG has already fired/killed people, there is really no other choice. I would be more concerned on how I was going to exit the building, without being stopped, after ventilating his cranium multiple times.

Laying out my path to the nearest police station, where I could walk into a calm (well....as calm as they get) police station accompanied by my lawyer, to discuss the events of the day. I would not want to still be in the mall, with a smoking gun, when the police first arrive there.
  13. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Too many factors to give a "one size fitts all" answer. Are they wearing body armor? How many Psychos doing the masacre... Distance... Size....
    on and on... many factors.

If my daughter were with me my first priority would be getting her somewhere to hide behind, and then i would attempt to get a good shot
    at the psycho in question.

mike
    gn
  14. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Guess it would have a lot of depends... If I was alone or with the family. I sure wouldn't be carrying here in Kal @ the local mall. But if I was alone, I would hide out of his sight as best I could & bushwhack the sob best I could w/ whatever I could get my hands on or use my folding knive. Sure as heck wouldn't be hidin in a corner messin my pants waiting to die. If I'm gonna go, then go down gambling & fighting.
  15. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

I'm single with no kids, and have lived a full life. Not that I'd give the BG much of a chance at ending it. It wouldn't matter whether I had my Sig P220, P230, or my trusty old Browning Hi-Power, I'd try to get a clean shot and save some innocent lives if at all possible.

Mr. BG, meet Mr. Hydra Shok.

AL MOUNT:
    ...sewer lid going Mach 3...

Now that's fine literature!